DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro firmware update fail

Mariooct

Reactions
Hi guys can anybody help me out with mavic pro beta version firmware I'm trying to update and it fails over and over I tried assistant 2 latest version I tried dji Go4 multiple times it just fails I've done some research and found that this beta version is the answer get it installed in the mavic and then update to the latest version firmware

Sorry but what beta version 🤷‍♂️ A little more history of what you've
done and are on would be helpful.

Reactions: old man mavic
Question, where did you get the beta version from?
Regards

I've read on some other forums guys with the exact same problem that can't update their ac so it's suggested by dji that a downgrade to firmware V01.03.0350 beta be done and once that has installed successfully it will be able to upgrade I'm currently on V01.04.0400 and trying to get it to update or even downgrade but I just keeps failing in dji assistant 2 it updates to 24% then the ac makes the disconnection sound from the computer then connects again but after a few seconds it says failed I tried multiple times for days and days in the dji go4 app the update runs to 92% then fail I even tried using Dumldore to update with same result the update completes but the firmware does not change.

Hi guys can anybody help me out with mavic pro beta version firmware I'm trying to update and it fails over and over I tried assistant 2 latest version I tried dji Go4 multiple times it just fails I've done some research and found that this beta version is the answer get it installed in the mavic and then update to the latest version firmware
I can sympathise with your situation, having one M2P of four which consistently requests updates for incompatible firmware and consistently fails to update in the manor you describe, the other three are fine and I have no issues with those.

Not having the original pro I cannot give advice from any direct experience with a Mavic Pro but I can tell you the steps I took after months of failure with my MP2. (I was eventually successful).

I had 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' and the original 'Assistant 2' I don't know which one you should use for the Mavic Pro but for the M2P you should use 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' but I was having no joy with this with failures as you have described.
I downloaded the original 'Assistant 2' and found it has a Factory reset option.

I tried a factory reset and downgrade to the earliest firmware on the list. It failed.
Did a factory reset and tried 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' got the inconsistent firmware message and update failed at 22%.
and again; and again. etc.

Frustrated I tried a factory reset again but still no success.

I remembered reading somewhere that it was recommended that you should first update the controller and secondly the drone, tried that but no success.

I am not sure why I did this or why it worked but it did. I connected the controller to the PC simultaneously with the Mavic.(both switched off.)
I ran 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' and switched on the controller and refreshed the firmware to the latest. Success with the controller.
I left it switched on and also switched on the drone. I ran the update for the drone which now bounced straight passed the 22% to 40% .... 93%; 95% update failed.
Ok still no success but it is now failing differently than before.

Went back to the correct procedure trying to update using 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' inconsistent firmware and failure at 95%.
On about the third attempt the message changed to Flyzones need updating. Did the update and finished with success and the green tick.
Switched the drone off.
Switched the drone on and all was well.

Switched battery and tried 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' got the inconsistent firmware message again but eventually after several fails and restarts it did update 100% and the green tick.

The moral of this tale is Do not give up just keep trying.

I still occasionally have trouble with just this one drone but being patient and trying again and again so far has worked. All four are currently up to date.

Reactions: careless
I can sympathise with your situation, having one M2P of four which consistently requests updates for incompatible firmware and consistently fails to update in the manor you describe, the other three are fine and I have no issues with those.

Not having the original pro I cannot give advice from any direct experience with a Mavic Pro but I can tell you the steps I took after months of failure with my MP2. (I was eventually successful).

I had 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' and the original 'Assistant 2' I don't know which one you should use for the Mavic Pro but for the M2P you should use 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' but I was having no joy with this with failures as you have described.
I downloaded the original 'Assistant 2' and found it has a Factory reset option.

I tried a factory reset and downgrade to the earliest firmware on the list. It failed.
Did a factory reset and tried 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' got the inconsistent firmware message and update failed at 22%.
and again; and again. etc.

Frustrated I tried a factory reset again but still no success.

I remembered reading somewhere that it was recommended that you should first update the controller and secondly the drone, tried that but no success.

I am not sure why I did this or why it worked but it did. I connected the controller to the PC simultaneously with the Mavic.(both switched off.)
I ran 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' and switched on the controller and refreshed the firmware to the latest. Success with the controller.
I left it switched on and also switched on the drone. I ran the update for the drone which now bounced straight passed the 22% to 40% .... 93%; 95% update failed.
Ok still no success but it is now failing differently than before.

Went back to the correct procedure trying to update using 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' inconsistent firmware and failure at 95%.
On about the third attempt the message changed to Flyzones need updating. Did the update and finished with success and the green tick.
Switched the drone off.
Switched the drone on and all was well.

Switched battery and tried 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' got the inconsistent firmware message again but eventually after several fails and restarts it did update 100% and the green tick.

The moral of this tale is Do not give up just keep trying.

I still occasionally have trouble with just this one drone but being patient and trying again and again so far has worked. All four are currently up to date.
Thanks for your reply I finally got it updated today strangely I was stuck on earlier firmware and today I took it for a flight it worked fine but I noticed in the app it said it was on the latest firmware then after I put in the second battery I got the firmware update message again after the flight when I got home I switched on the drone and remote using the bottom usb port on the remote I got an inconsistent firmware message then asked me to update my current version and it was successful I restarted evening and noticed the firmware upgrade message in the go4 app is gone instead it just does the check I hit the go fly button and checked the firmware and to my surprise I was on the latest firmware I have no idea how it all happened but me theory is because of all the failed updates only certain parts gets installed thas the inconsistent firmware message but finally got it updated I'm just happy about that.

Yes patience and keep trying.
The inconsistent firmware message is because of an inconsistency between the firmware in the drone and the firmware in the battery. So once you are successful you need to update again but using any other batteries you have.

Reactions: careless
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom