DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Firmware Upgrade

I'm having problems updating my firmware. Been all over the net and this topic gets beaten to death.

My current firmware is:

App Version 4.1.0

Aircraft Version 01.03 0400

Remote Controller Version 01.03.0700

App Database Version 00.00.01.04

I'm following all the instructions as I understand them.

I get a message "Inconsistent Firmware Found" "Incompatibility between some modules and the device. Continue update?" "Slide to Update"

I have tried upgrading through the app on my android S8+, the app on my iPad, the app on my windows 10 Microsoft SurfaceBook.

Same results.

The final is about 73%-76% complete and after a reboot. I get the Update Failed Message.

Any suggestions ??

Your remote firmware is .0700 and the craft is on .0400 that is why you are getting the error.

You can either update the craft to .0700 or use the VMware method and downgrade the RC to .0400

Your best bet is to use DJI assistant2 and plug the the craft in VIA USB and just update the craft.

The upgrade method is easy but it's your choice.

Rob

How is it unstable? The reports I've read are either caused by a bad flash or an issue with Go4/phone/tablet which is unrelated to any firmware.

When I upgraded, it said ok complete, but the first power up I knew it was no good. So I reflashed and it's been golden.

There's a whole lot of complaining that it's DJIs fault that you can't follow directions, or it's DJIs fault that your phone that runs Go4 is crap.

Folk need to remember there are literally THOUSANDS of variables that are out of DJIs control...and that this is an RC hobby. Not everything is turn on and work flawlessly ala iPhone. You need to put some effort into it too.

Their firmware is not without "issues", however it is nowhere near as bad as the crybabies say.
All of your post is an assumption just because you have no problems dosent mean others don't .
You go on to blame the op that he cant follow directions and assume his phone is not compatible ?
The op obviously didn't just turn on his Mavic and expect it to work flawlessly ..... Obviously he is experienced enough to update his FW, so he's not new to this .
My advice to you is to read some more posts , there are many problems with the 700 FW mainly one --- Loss of Power in Flight
If you cant help someone who is posting for advice Don't post at all !!!!!!!
This is a Hobby and Hobbyist help one another ....... We DoNot calling people crybabies or demote there knowledge or equipment especially with no proof
Don't guess or judge others and Post unless you state it is your opinion
How anyone can say the DJI's FW issues are blown out of proportion must be working for DJI
Im sure he appreciated your insulting answers that weren't even answers to his issues

Last edited:
How anyone can say the DJI's FW issues are blown out of proportion must be working for DJI

I said that and I stand by it. You know how you can tell a problem is not blown out of proportion (at least by our perception here)? Look at Karma.. that's how a real issue affecting a significant portion of the userbase (and still not a majority) gets treated.

Reactions: Desiboyz and Vilco
All of your post is an assumption just because you have no problems dosent mean others don't .
You go on to blame the op that he cant follow directions and assume his phone is not compatible ?
You must be new to the world. It was not an assumption, it is stating a fact. A striking majority of Mavic owners have zero issues with the 700 firmware. Otherwise the forums and blogs would be blowing up about it. Most people have no need to search out and join a specialized forum just to say "Hey, my quad is awesome. Thanks for doing a good job making it!"

Those that do are the ones with issues. So yeah, how many Mavics have been sold by DJI? And then how many complaints about this specific firmware exist? Then you minus out the people who cry about it because their favorite youtuber said so and yet have never tried it. You're left with an admittedly small number compared to the number of Mavics flying daily without problems.

Those that have complained that are running it; I've read most of those threads both here and on RCG.. I found greater than a plurality of complainers who actually tried it, could be led back to either a bad flash, poor environmental conditions, or bad supporting hardware....all which are out of DJIs control. I weighed the decision carefully before upgrading my Mavic. I freely said I had my own problems too, but it was directly related to a bad flash, which I did not fly on, and was resolved by flashing again.

What would it matter if I was employed by DJI? Obviously I wouldn't admit my own issues, and my posts would be decidedly different painting a rose colored glasses picture everywhere. FWIW, I'm a manager for FedEx Ground, and have zero to do with DJI beyond flying a Naza2 in my T650, this Mavic on my table, and stumbling across the occasional box from China being shipped to some stupid college student's apartment.

I'm a student of probability. I love playing the odds and pushing the envelope. In this case...the whole firmware argument...the odds are much greater than your phone sucks (out of space, under spec, other incompatible application), or you flashed the upgrade incorrectly, than DJI pushing out a dud buggy firmware without an immediate follow up. This isnt the olden days of the Naza where the low quality code was a definite problem. Again, the numbers speak for themselves. As does the relatively small numbers of actual issues obviously not related to user error versus the numbers of upgraded birds flying daily.

So by all means, keep drinking the kool aid. I'm sure nobody notices your purple mustache....

I am running the latest firmware and app (iPhone). Up to now, I have not experienced any issues and I am pleased to be always updated at the moment

You must be new to the world. It was not an assumption, it is stating a fact. A striking majority of Mavic owners have zero issues with the 700 firmware. Otherwise the forums and blogs would be blowing up about it. Most people have no need to search out and join a specialized forum just to say "Hey, my quad is awesome. Thanks for doing a good job making it!"

Those that do are the ones with issues. So yeah, how many Mavics have been sold by DJI? And then how many complaints about this specific firmware exist? Then you minus out the people who cry about it because their favorite youtuber said so and yet have never tried it. You're left with an admittedly small number compared to the number of Mavics flying daily without problems.

Those that have complained that are running it; I've read most of those threads both here and on RCG.. I found greater than a plurality of complainers who actually tried it, could be led back to either a bad flash, poor environmental conditions, or bad supporting hardware....all which are out of DJIs control. I weighed the decision carefully before upgrading my Mavic. I freely said I had my own problems too, but it was directly related to a bad flash, which I did not fly on, and was resolved by flashing again.

What would it matter if I was employed by DJI? Obviously I wouldn't admit my own issues, and my posts would be decidedly different painting a rose colored glasses picture everywhere. FWIW, I'm a manager for FedEx Ground, and have zero to do with DJI beyond flying a Naza2 in my T650, this Mavic on my table, and stumbling across the occasional box from China being shipped to some stupid college student's apartment.

I'm a student of probability. I love playing the odds and pushing the envelope. In this case...the whole firmware argument...the odds are much greater than your phone sucks (out of space, under spec, other incompatible application), or you flashed the upgrade incorrectly, than DJI pushing out a dud buggy firmware without an immediate follow up. This isnt the olden days of the Naza where the low quality code was a definite problem. Again, the numbers speak for themselves. As does the relatively small numbers of actual issues obviously not related to user error versus the numbers of upgraded birds flying daily.

So by all means, keep drinking the kool aid. I'm sure nobody notices your purple mustache....
Oh so you have no issues along with Plawa good I'm happy for you guys and everyone else that has no issues ...... If you look at the forum your posting in , its a HELP forum not a bashing Forum
just because you have no problems doesn't mean no else does I'll say it once again your reply's are judgmental that give no help at all ...... I guess you serf this Forum Help Treads to abuse members?????? Your the one with the Purple mustache..... Pal

Last edited:

You need to check other Forums before you pass your judgmental assumptions !!!!!!

You mean other places people mostly go when they hit problems?

Self-selection bias - Wikipedia
I believe the op was in the right place to request help ...... However it was not provided ....... he was judged and insulted
One day you will have problems ....... Go look for help and be treated the same way as the op .... then you'll know what I'm trying to say

I believe the op was in the right place to request help ...... However it was not provided ....... he was judged and insulted
One day you will have problems ....... Go look for help and be treated the same way as the op .... then you'll know what I'm trying to say

You mean the same OP who liked my posts and went on to upgrade his Mavic after receiving the feedback he was asking for? That guy? You may want to pick a different damsel in distress to valiantly defend. Anyway, I'm out ;)

Reactions: RavenTBK
Got my Mav at .400 out of the box...didn't even fly it before updating to the latest .700. Have minimal issues and the Mav flys great. Running on Android Note 4 with latest OS.

You mean the same OP who liked my posts and went on to upgrade his Mavic after receiving the feedback he was asking for? That guy? You may want to pick a different damsel in distress to valiantly defend. Anyway, I'm out ;)
I know nothing about yours or his feedback
My intentions are not to defend ........ If you cant figure out what my intensions of my posts are ....... I sorry there's no use in replying to you anymore ....... Good Luck with your perfect Mavic

I switched to 700 today, the only two complaints I have so far is that my driveway is now a NFZ and the app lags. It's still perfectly usable, just not nearly as smooth as it used to be on the tablet controls.

Updated from my purchase 2 months ago and kept it updated.... Flawless bar spelling errors "Triple Pod Mode" lol

Reactions: Gary cato
You can find out in DJI assistant 2 on your PC when you connect the Mavic it will tell you what FW you are on and when you plug in the RC it will tell you the same for that as well.
It will also tel, you what updates are available
Alternatively i believe you can find out in the DJI go app itself but i have never needed to look that way.
Thanks for the help

800 is fine and having had any operating issues.... However

If you go to a new area /nfz zone, your dji app will ask to update the nfz zone info. It takes just a second... But If you don't have web connection on your device/tablet ect.... It's a problem..... It limits you... Very annoying.

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
800 is fine and having had any operating issues.... However

If you go to a new area /nfz zone, your dji app will ask to update the nfz zone info. It takes just a second... But If you don't have web connection on your device/tablet ect.... It's a problem..... It limits you... Very annoying.
Did you try ignoring the pop up or is there no choice.
Just wondering if this could be a big problem for everyone who likes to go out in the country.I wonder what area is covered before you have to update NFZ.

Reactions: NaiveFlight
Did you try ignoring the pop up or is there no choice.
Just wondering if this could be a big problem for everyone who likes to go out in the country.I wonder what area is covered before you have to update NFZ.

At first I ignored and then my mavic flew by it was limited in height/distance.... So yeah.... Very very handicapped experience.

Eventually I switched to my phone, but my tablet was left useless...

In a remote area... Without a way to connect to web this is would be buzz kill

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190