DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro flew away following erratic flying, loss of control

I feel like I’m a pretty smart pilot, but you guy are beasts with all this other ****

Great news that you guys were able to help him find the drone! Too bad he hasn't been back on to post the video, I was looking forward to seeing it.

UPDATE

Well sar104, I am amazed. I cannot thank you enough for your prediction, as I went to this area this morning and your estimate was absolutley spot on! I walked to the exact area you suggesed at the intersection of the plotted lines and started searching, and found it at the point shown above. Your calculation was entirley correct. Thank you so much!

In terms of the drone, it was upright in the grass, intact and the only visible damage I can see is a small crack to one of the rotors, no other visible damage, just very damp. Memory card and footage also intact, I watched the footage and, as you predicted, it was drifting further and further away in the wind, for a full 15 minutes after the disconnect.

It then descended, with a lot of movement left to right as it got lower down, and completed what looks to be a very hard landing, onto snow covered grass. Was then burried in the snow for 48 hours.

It narowly missed trees and a river, by a matter of a few feet either side. I am not sure how well it was working on avoiding these at the point of critical battery landing or whether this was simply luck, but I was amazed to have found it - was truly like looking for a needle in a haystack.

My next steps now are to dry it out thoroughly and then carefully test it. I will update the thread this week with the outcome.

Really wasn't expecting to find it after 3 days searching, so thanks again for the advice, a great result today.

So glad you found it but I am shocked that it was because of wind! As I read your original post, the same exact thing happened to me tonight. However, I did not receive any wind alerts as I normally do.

Reactions: Panamawise
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e