DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro for Xmas... :-)

Hola group,

I'm hoping to be a new Mavic Pilot soon. I've asked Wifey-Santa to get me a Mavic Pro, (via Costco).

My Wife and I do a lot of off-roading here in Arizona. Love to take our Jeep out on many of the trails, to picnic and enjoy the beautiful sites. So I'm hoping to use the drone for taking some awesome pictures.

I do have plenty of remote flight experience, having a whole "fleet" of R/C aircraft. Second, I'm pretty good with managing most all things technical.

I have both an iPhone 6s Plus, and an iPad Pro (2016). Figured I'd use the 6s Plus with this setup. If Android is better, I have a couple Samsung tablets too...

Just wondering if I'm heading down the right path. Would appreciate any feedback, and/or cautionary insight.

kind regards,

-Jav
I do a lot of Dual Sport On my KTM. I like the using Active Track. Would be fun with a Jeep. Enjoy your Mavic.

You'll have a boatload of fun with it in the desert! One thought, though, if your MP doesn't come with v01.04.0100 FW don't get antsy and update it past v01.04.0000. You'll thank us later when you get further into the "all things technical" parts later. :)

I have the DJI Go 4 app downloaded onto my iPad Pro, (the most current version .20) When I connected up my remote/iPad with the Mavic, the Go 4 is showing that I must install the 04.0100 firmware. I don't see an option to grab 04.0000 Not sure how to tell what the current firmware is for my MP. I'll dig around

I have the DJI Go 4 app downloaded onto my iPad Pro, (the most current version .20) When I connected up my remote/iPad with the Mavic, the Go 4 is showing that I must install the 04.0100 firmware. I don't see an option to grab 04.0000 Not sure how to tell what the current firmware is for my MP. I'll dig around

Ok, found it. my current firmware version is 1.03.1000

As of now, I really don't see anyway to get around not having 1.04.0100...

I have my Mavic updated to the latest firmware, also my iPhone 6 is with the latest iOS version and I haven't had any issue so far. I usually fly on weekends. I don't know why some pilots don't want to update.... bad experiences I guess.

I had to install the assistant via the unsigned drivers trick thingy... I'm running Win 8.1. Once I went that route, the assistant fired up fine. I'm able to see the 1.04.0000 firmware version. Currently installing it onto the bird, the controller is next. Life is good....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman