DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro gimbal

dondude

Reactions
after starting my mavic as usual, the camera gimbal started freaking out. cycling up and down continuously and bouncing around all over the place for no apparent reason. no crash. just another flight. was also getting gimbal overload error but the gimbal clamp was obviously removed. tried gimbal alignment but no help. not sure what was going on. after reading several topics on this i found out iam not the only one. the gimbal and ribbon cable on the mavic pro are a know issue. i always thought the gimbal hanging from a couple of rubber bands was kind of strange to me. i decided to order a new ribbon cable and replace it. or should i say try and replace it. what a nightmare. the most frustrating thing i have ever done. the cable is folded and routed up and back and around the camera. i didnt realize this was going to be so difficult, but believe me it is. after spending a whole day on trying to install this ribbon i almost gave up. i even took photos and videos before removing the cable and watched several youtube videos it was still a pain. i finally found one good youtube video and got it installed. there are a total of NINE ribbon connections involved with this gimbal. thats a lot. three on the camera itself, two from the camera to the control board and four from the mavic to the control board. turned everything back on and it worked perfectly. if you have to replace the ribbon be advised that its not easy. check all of the connections first and make sure none of them have come loose, it might save you a lot of agony.

Reactions: Bobvt and Gorm
I was having the same problem. I used a very small hemostat to re-seat the ribbon cable in the gimbal. So far, (at least a dozen flights) the fix corrected the problem.

that's good. during removal of my ribbons I think one of the connectors might have been loose also but I continued with the replacement anyway. should have just stopped there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman