DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro GL200A? Help please!!

jess.888

Reactions
Hi experts ☺️☺️

Needing some quick advice. There is a mavic pro gl200 for sale for $1400aud I can’t seem to find this on google for a new price!

Is this worth the $1400 aud? Or should I stick to looking for an air 2?

Thank you!!

If that is one thousand four hundred Australian dollars is it diamond coated or something?
The GL200A, it's the controller, sells for about £50, British pounds, on ebay UK.
Do you mean a drone, a controller and one or more batteries? If so they sell for £350 upwards on ebay UK.
1400AUD seems to be £750, so that's expensive by here but I would suggest you check the completed listings for whatever on the likes of ebay Australia if there is an ebay Australia to see what they sell for in Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Oh sorry!! Yes it’s the drone with the fly more kit. Sorry that code was in the description! I thought it was the model number lol thank you!!

Jess, the M1P is a great drone, but unless you can buy it locally, test fly with the current owner / seller, I would be very careful.
They are up to approx 5 years old now, and in that time, they could have had some sort of crash / repair, minor things that wear like the gimbal ribbon cables . . .

The big one is making sure batteries are in good order, as they are obsolete now for some time.
Aftermarket ones can be found, but again I've read mixed reports on how good the PowerExtra batteries are.

My M1P is as good as new, 6 batteries all perfect, loads of extras, probably never sell it.

I'd look for the Air2, or if you can find a great deal the Air2s.
If I was looking to buy something now, it'd be an Air2s, or a good M2P 2nd hand (if not available here new any longer).

The Air2s really packs a punch now in features / price, bang for buck I feel it's the pick of the DJI consumer drone fleet.

Good luck with finding something great.

It has just occurred to me that since you didn't know that the GL200A referred to the controller you may be contemplating your first drone.
There is a widish variety to choose from and rather than rushing into buying it might be better to spend some time researching the differences and finding one that matches the sort of flying you want to do and images you wish to capture.
Also it would give you time to research rules and regulations as they apply in Australia.

Thank you! I appreciate that ☺️

I’m after a beginners drone and have since found a spark fly more combo that is cheap for $350aud or would it be best buying the mini 2 brand new?

You're better off with a mini than a Spark.
Thank you! I’ve just been looking at the mini 2 fly more combo it’s $800 aud. The main difference I have read is that you can still get batteries for mini 2 but not spark.

Is there any other downfalls to buying a spark instead? Is it likely I’ll end up spending the same money anyways for replacement batteries etc

Sparks are bombproof nearly, as long as it's a flymore (or has spare batteries) and they are in good order, it's a great little drone.
I have one as well as the M1P.

If you can, I would just go for a mini 2 flymore if the budget stretches for that here.

The Mini will be a step up the ladder from a Spark, as good a little drone the Spark is, plus it's a new version of a drone. In the same way as if you were going to go with a larger drone, say the Mavic Pro, you may not be able to move up to the Mavic 2 Pro but for the few extra hundred dollars, you would be far better off by choosing the Air2S over a Mavic Pro for a number of reasons, not least because it is a new version of a drone.

A Spark is the bottom of the totem pole, therefore, if you can afford the little extra, it's better to move up to a Mini or Mini 2 and if you were in the market for a Mavic Pro, it would be better to move up to the Air2S than settle for the older, but still very good, Mavic Pro. I started off with a Mavic Pro, so I know what a capable drone that was. I sold it and bought the Mavic 2 Pro and I've been extremely happy with that, ever since.

I had contemplated getting the Mavic 3 but now that I see a lot of feedback regarding the new Mavic 3, I'm going to save the money and stick with my Mavic 2 Pro, for now. Good luck with whichever you decide to go with.

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan