DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro HDR photo feature.

why can't it just save all the bracketed raw photos and output a jpeg or a dng after combining?
HDR mode takes multiple shots at different exposures, processes and merges these into a single image with a high dynamic range; thereby outputting one single HDR image. Whereas AEB mode will take multiple shots at different exposures and outputs 3 or 5shots which make up a bracketed set leaving the processing and merging to you. The difference between HDR and AEB modes in the Mavics is basically one of processing the set and outputting a single HDR image vs one of saving the bracketed set in its entirety and leaving the processing for you. I am getting redundant.
Another question - If i set the drone to RAW only, and set the capture mode to HDR, does it then not save anything at all?
I would hazard a guess that it would in this case save one HDR image in dng (RAW) format. But I have never bothered with the HDR mode preferring instead to shoot in AEB and do my own processing later.

For starters you’re not in Lightroom.
You’re in some firmware on a microprocessor.
Lightroom converts the Dng into an image buffer And performs it’s computations Using this image buffer.
On high end Nikon and Canon bodies you can only do in camera HDR when shooting JPEG.
Obviously if you want the best quality HDR you shoot raw and then do the HDR in post.

The resultant HDR will be a JPEG just as light room is not going to output a raw file.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin