DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro help please

Jrslaton

Reactions
I’m new to this so please be kind. I have flown before I went and got my first DJI Mavic Pro. Started with a parrot. Anyway just got my Mavic and after watch and reading for a day I finally open the box well I notice that the controller was ratleing and the attenna would not stay in a 45 degrees position. Long story short put it in beginners mode made home point and try to fry indoors first we kept on saying atti mod atti mode so shut it down turned back on after a hour did another firm ware update and tried to fly again this time Mavic shot straight up and came a crashing to ground the camera is saying restart and no gps I am clueless on what happen please any one help is appreciated ty

Welcome.

Sorry for your experience.
Next time don't try to fly it in your house. Only outside with enough free space and on a calm day. Even experienced Mavic pilots rather not fly inside. Especially not straight after any update.

If one of the antennae is lose or broken you better send it back for warranty, I wouldn't trust it. After the crash your Mavic should probably be inspected and repaired too.

Good luck with that.

Welcome.

Sorry for your experience.
Next time don't try to fly it in your house. Only outside with enough free space and on a calm day. Even experienced Mavic pilots rather not fly inside. Especially not straight after any update.

If one of the antennae is lose or broken you better send it back for warranty, I wouldn't trust it. After the crash your Mavic should probably be inspected and repaired too.

Good luck with that.
I’m getting a error on my iPhone camera needs restarting so I fudge up and probably not under warranty for that ? Well my argument is with dji for sending a defective devise but by the way you said good luck with that I am thinking they aren’t going to help. Hey thanks for the advice

I’m getting a error on my iPhone camera needs restarting so I fudge up and probably not under warranty for that ? Well my argument is with dji for sending a defective devise but by the way you said good luck with that I am thinking they aren’t going to help. Hey thanks for the advice
No i didn't mean that.

My experience with DJI is that if you argue with them in a reasonable way, they are very reasonable too. They often send a new unit after you paid the repair fee, which is normally very straightforward cost of parts and labour, even with a new option to take care refresh.

I only wanted to wish you a good outcome. And back in the (outside)air soon!

My bad I appreciate your help and exp. I’m sorry for misreading your statement but hey I’m really glad you responded. So what do u think I did to the camera it won’t restart or any ting I get video but I get a error msg saying need to restart

Well, I admit it looked a bit sarcastic, but I just meant it literally :)

You could try a complete new firmware install, using the Assistant software and a usb connection. Maybe you're lucky and it isn't a hardware issue. I hope it just needs to reset to defaults. There's also a chance the ribbon cable of the camera is lose, but since you have video I doubt that.

Maybe your firmware update wasn't without glitches in the first place and caused it to act that strange after taking off.

It is quite normal that the mavic is in Atti inside. GPS reception is minimal to zero under a roof. So flying inside you must always be prepared that it will switch between GPS and Atti randomly, you don't want that.

Well, I admit it looked a bit sarcastic, but I just meant it literally :)

You could try a complete new firmware install, using the Assistant software and a usb connection. Maybe you're lucky and it isn't a hardware issue. I hope it just needs to reset to defaults. There's also a chance the ribbon cable of the camera is lose, but since you have video I doubt that.

Maybe your firmware update wasn't without glitches in the first place and caused it to act that strange after taking off.
Well I’ll give it a shot I really appreciate the advice, and not for sure what time you have but it’s my time for work but I’ll be back and let you know how it went. Again thanks for the advice. By the way I got my drone for work related I’m a commercial roofer supervisor and I want to do a thermal image on buildings so I can show property management and owners there issues then they can’t argue about where and how much for leaks and repairs. Again thanks

Where did you purchase your mavic? If the RC had problems right out of the box, I would’ve returned it.
Yeah, bad idea flying indoors. Heard plenty of stories ppl crashing their drone first time they fly, choosing to fly indoors. If you purchased DJI care refresh, then send it back. If they find it was a faulty, I think they would replace for free. Otherwise, they’ll charge you the replacement/repair fee. Be nice to the customer support, and they might be more understanding to your plight.

.Sorry I didnt get a chance to advise you beforehand. I know what a sickening feeling it is to crash in the house and pick up a wrecked drone...been there with two drone crashes to show for it. Its not a sign of ignorance on your part. The drone is designed to fly indoors, but I dare not again unless it in a huge building.

With the rattling in the controller it sounds like a warranty claim. If and when you send DJI your remote and drone, they will be able to discern precisely what occurred via the black box info, so be sure your description of the incident is accurate. In other words (and please don't assume implication on my part here) they can differentiate between a power on crash, or one dropped out a second story window (just to illustrate my point)

I had DJI refresh express, as opposed to DJI Refresh, ask customer service the difference. However, if you just bought the drone you can go on line and purchase DJI Refresh. The cost (I think) is $135 to sign up. You are allowed two crash cases in a one year period but they also cost. Its $85 for the firs case and $135 for the second. The total out of pocket is therefore is $355 if you use both cases.The controller can be sent as well but as I said, the whole incident sounds like it should be warranted.

If you use the refresh option, DON'T ship it yourself. Wait on the DJI shipper that will arrive via email. Take out the battery and take a picture of your serial number. Remove the props and battery off the drone. Along with the shipper you will receive a case number as well as a form to fill out on which you give information about your drone; don't lose the case number and make a copy of the form before packing it with the drone.

once its shipped sit back and wait at least two weeks, they are processing thousands of repairs weekly so its a waiting game, Use the time to read up and get yourself ready for the next flight.

Also, take Lake_Flyer's advice and stay outside in an open area. I've crashed outside as well getting in too close proximity to trees. If I recall, I had three prop strikes outside due in part to the forward sensor no picking up small branches, and of course, pilot error, which is 99.9% of all crashes.

As for the antenna, it sounds like the ends that hold the antenna into place may have cracked off. You can try pushing the antenna in at the base to see if it "snaps" into place, being careful not to rotate it towards. In other words, if your controller is lying face up on a horizontal surface such as your kitchen table, and the antenna are pointing towards the ceiling, the right antenna shouldn't be able to rotate right, nor should the left rotate left. There is a notch that, once they are "snapped" into place, safeguards against 360 degree rotation, which would damage the coax cable inside.

That brings up another point. When flying, always have the long side of the antenna (back or front) pointing towards the drone as opposed to the tips. For example, when the drone is directly overhear, you'll need to extend the antenna forward.

I've got a complete controller dissembled if you would like to see the inner components, I can send you pic/s.

Hope this helps some

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga