DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro in Iceland.

Pedro

Reactions
My 26 year old son and myself spent 5 days in Iceland last week and obviously we took the Mavic along (well two actually). We both fell in love with the place, the scenery is simply stunning, every bend holds yet another vista that shouts out for a photo. The people are friendly, the roads are mainly superb, the weather was kind to us, three days of mainly bright sunshine, one day overcast and windy and on our last day it absolutely hammered it down with 50+mph winds but that was our day to return to Reykjavik from Vik so we didn't miss out on much.

A local told me that this winter was tame by their standards although a heavy snowfall a couple of weeks ago helped create a magical countryside, I don't think that it would have been quite the same without the snow.. No Northern Lights regrettably. :(

We had no language issues, everybody speaks English, everywhere takes cards so no money worries, driving on the right was fine, we had a brand new Mitsubishi Outlander which was a superb drive. It only failed us once when we tried to get to Haifoss but a blown snow mound prevented us getting to it. Driving on ice covered roads at 70mph is pretty awesome, all hire cars have winter tyres fitted which gave great confidence. There were quite a few tourists who pussied along but there are so few cars on the roads there they never hold you up for long.

The Mavic performed faultlessly, never didn't do as she was told, no warnings whatsoever apart from frequent high winds warnings. Flight times were shortened somewhat by the cold but never a cause for concern. She coped fine in 20+mph winds and -4C. I kind of regret not being a little more adventurous with my flying now but spilt milk, next time. We saw 2 or 3 other Mavics and a couple of Phantoms but nobody ever had any issues with us flying anywhere.

Some of the places involved a bit of a hike to get to, e.g. Glymur and Skaftafell glacier not to mention the 500 odd steps up to the viewing platform at Skogafoss but most places were close to the car parks.

Go there you will not regret it!

Will post some more videos when I get the chance. There's a slight error in the video, that was day 1 and part of day 3, I'm certain others could do a far better job grading and editing too.. :)

Reactions: Atko and ceirsik
Nice. Awesome shot of falls. Going there July. 14 days "pussying" around. We are Aussies so used to right hand drive.

Reactions: Pedro
Glad to know you enjoyed your trip to "my" country! And indeed... the landscapes here are surreal.

Reactions: Pedro
Glad to know you enjoyed your trip to "my" country! And indeed... the landscapes here are surreal.

It is an unreal place, it's easy to see why so many film makers choose it as a location..

Nice. Awesome shot of falls. Going there July. 14 days "pussying" around. We are Aussies so used to right hand drive.

Lol, we were on a mission, places to see, things to do.. :D

Btw, you drive on the left like us in the UK, they drive on the right in Iceland..

How long is your flight??

Lol, we were on a mission, places to see, things to do.. :D

Btw, you drive on the left like us in the UK, they drive on the right in Iceland..

How long is your flight??
Too long. 9 hours to Hong Kong 10 hours to Frankfurt then 3 hours to Oslo then ? plus layover time at all those airports.

Glad you guys enjoyed your stay here. Great footage you got there, I find it often awesome to see footage taken by foreigners, it's always somehow different from us who live here and have lost the eye for the beauty of our home because of how normal it has become to ourselfs.

Reactions: Atko

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+