DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro in Sport mode?

sea157

Reactions
I have a question.

On the Mavic Pro, when you fly it in sports mode will it stop and hover if you let off the sticks like it does in GPS mode?

If so why do they say sports mode is so much harder to fly then GPS mode?

I have a question.

On the Mavic Pro, when you fly it in sports mode will it stop and hover if you let off the sticks like it does in GPS mode?

If so why do they say sports mode is so much harder to fly then GPS mode?
Those that say it, just don't know how to properly fly a drone themselves and rely on the failsafes that are disabled when in sport mode.

Those that say it, just don't know how to properly fly a drone themselves and rely on the failsafes that are disabled when in sport mode.
But my main question is:
When you fly it in sports mode will it stop and hover if you let off the sticks like it does in GPS mode?

35 m to stop...... how fast are you going dude.
I have fiddled with settings so my sports mode is a bit more aggressive but it certainly doesn’t need 35m to stop from 100km/hr.

i had a quick look at my settings and I see that I have also set to more aggressive braking, so I may stand corrected for braking distance. But i do think 35m is a large stopping distance for standard sport mode.

35m does seem like a huge distance. 10 maybe, even 3m seems more realistic.
But then I have an M2 and haven't tested stopping distance.

Manual page 11:

The Forward Vision System is disabled in S-mode (Sport), which means the aircraft will not be able to automatically avoid obstacles on its route.
The aircraft’s maximum speed and braking distance are significantly increased in S-mode (Sport). A minimum braking distance of 30 meters is required in windless conditions. Descending speed is significantly increased in S-mode (Sport).
The aircraft’s responsiveness is significantly increased in S-mode (Sport), which means a small stick movement on the remote controller will translate into a large travel distance of the aircraft. Be vigilant and maintain adequate maneuvering space during flight.

Reactions: sea157
But my main question is:
When you fly it in sports mode will it stop and hover if you let off the sticks like it does in GPS mode?
Yes, it will stop and hover if you let off the sticks. As others have mentioned it will take longer to stop the faster it is moving. If you push the pause button on the RC it will cancel the stick input and stop much faster.

Reactions: sea157

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf