DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Insurance!

Then find another agent. Other people were able to find agents who would write a policy that would cover a crash. What state are you in?
I am in Arizona. I have DJI refresh so don't need it right now. Still waiting to see if anybody actually collects from a crash.

I am in Arizona. I have DJI refresh so don't need it right now. Still waiting to see if anybody actually collects from a crash.

Many people have. Every experience I have read so far involves them just cutting you a check no questions asked.

Lucky you. My Mavic third party insurance cost me €230,00. The only drone insurance available in Belgium. And you must be a registered member of BeUAS. Luckily the following unit is only €50,00

Before taking out separate insurance for my Mavic, I checked with my home insurance provider. Told them I had a drone and guess what? It is covered for loss or damage as part of my home contents cover - result!

Before taking out separate insurance for my Mavic, I checked with my home insurance provider. Told them I had a drone and guess what? It is covered for loss or damage as part of my home contents cover - result!

What's your provider? Does that include accidental damage?

My provider is Barclays Premier Insurance. Yes covers loss, theft and accidental damage. I have separate liability cover as part of my membership of drone club.

I am in MA and was just told State Farms does not insure here. Anyone know a way around this? I dont understand how such a large company simply does not offer insurance in my state.

I've got a State Farm guy in CT that will do it for 50/ year.. he said it's actually 24 a year but the company says 50 minimum.

Reactions: Abruptum5
I've got a State Farm guy in CT that will do it for 50/ year.. he said it's actually 24 a year but the company says 50 minimum.

Can I please have the contact info of the Rep you spoke to in CT? I will be taking out a policy with this guy. Feel free to post on here or send me a message. Thank you so much.

Reactions: SongBird
That's what I did and I recommend.

Thank you some one else to confirm my thinking if State Farm will cover it all for less and you get a new drone. Not a refurbished one. I figure if State Farm cancels me after I make a claim (not planning on it) I will get refresh then

So where is it written on anyone's SF policy that the quad is covered for damage, loss or theft as a result of flying?????? or is it a verbal confirmation from your agent

I have a declarations page with my SF policy number. That declarations page refers to the generic State Farm Personal Articles Policy (FP-7940-2). Has anyone read that PAP??? As you might guess, it says nothing about quad copters/drones. The PAP policy (page 2) does say that art work is only covered when being displayed/stored in your house and not when being publicly exhibited or professionally restored.

So let me get this right, they will not insure publicly exhibited art work due to the added risk but they will happily insure your drone while it is being flown!?!?!? What am I missing here?

Then there is the exclusion of insured sports equipment. Page 3 states that it is excluded if damage/loss is caused by a manufacturer defect or dampness of the atmosphere. How does dampness of a water crash work?:confused:

What's to keep any agent from denying a flying related claim, regardless of what you think you heard from them??

Last edited:
I specifically told my agent that the ONLY two things I'm concerned about are coverage in 1. A Fly away and 2. A crash into water and losing it to the bottom. He did say that it'd be covered. Not in writing, but verbally.

I am in MA and was just told State Farms does not insure here. Anyone know a way around this? I dont understand how such a large company simply does not offer insurance in my state.

Also have a buddy looking to insure in MA. Please let me know what you find out.

Basically at a dead end. Considering buying DJI Refresh. Let me know if you find anything. You are from NH? Can you get a policy up there?
Yes I can and did. My agent up here said you basically can't get it in mass. And by the looks of it there is only one place in mass for state farm?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc