DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro losing signal with controller (camera anyway)

Lowell Crabb

Reactions
Twice while out practicing flying, I lost signal with the drone. The Crystal Sky monitor went to black and white with the last frame when it lost contact. All readings ceased and the upper right corner was red with the lost contact message displayed. I was flying over 8 to 10' tall corn at the time and dreading the search. I pushed the return to home button hoping it was still flying and soon I heard the familiar buzzing of my Mavic (Woody) coming home. This happened twice today, 1st time battery at around 30%, 2nd time the battery was at approx. 45% Both times in the same approximate location (200ish yards out) when signal was lost. Different batteries both charged to full this morning. Is there a separate system for video transmission and controller transmission? I could control it with the sticks even though the camera was dead.

Is there a separate system for video transmission and controller transmission? I could control it with the sticks even though the camera was dead.

Yes, they operate on two different frequencies. Was just the video transmission broken, or was the app disconnected completely? In the latter case, you could re-plug in the cable to see if it restores itself. If just video transmission is broken, there's probably more interference at that frequency and there's not much you can do.

Yes, they operate on two different frequencies. Was just the video transmission broken, or was the app disconnected completely? In the latter case, you could re-plug in the cable to see if it restores itself. If just video transmission is broken, there's probably more interference at that frequency and there's not much you can do.
No wire came apart. The camera continued to send video to the on board card.

No wire came apart. The camera continued to send video to the on board card.

No, I understand. What I meant was to disconnect and reconnect the cable.
The camera will always record to the SD card, even if video connection to the RC drops out. I was talking about the feed on your app.

No, I understand. What I meant was to disconnect and reconnect the cable.
The camera will always record to the SD card, even if video connection to the RC drops out. I was talking about the feed on your app.
I didn't try pulling the plug. I'm not sure what you mean about the app disconnecting. The screen still shows the last shot from the video and no data. It stays frozen there until I shut it down and pull the battery. Before, when I went out of range and the monitor froze it started up again when it got back in range.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661