DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro lost connection, sporadic flight.

Apexracer

Reactions
HI everyone,

Problem? Lost connection to from my RC to the 3 week old Mavic pro. It seemed to try and RTH but then was very sporadic. Going up and left right there forward past the neighbors house. The RC kept saying connecting. I was able to get it to respond here and then even while saying connecting and after a few very tense minutes it connected and allowed me to get it close enough to snatch it. I was about 65 feet in the air and 130 feet away at the time. 80% battery on the mavic and 89% battery on the RC. This was the second flight of the day, I flew about 25 minutes 5 hours earlier while taking pictures for a friend of his house with no issues. The other very weird circumstance is that I have a complete log of that earlier flight but there is no long for the flight where I lost connection. Thanks in advance!

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Looked for log.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? I was using a Note 8

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Current

What Go app version are you using? DJIgo4

Any modification? No

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? No

HI everyone,

Problem? Lost connection to from my RC to the 3 week old Mavic pro. It seemed to try and RTH but then was very sporadic. Going up and left right there forward past the neighbors house. The RC kept saying connecting. I was able to get it to respond here and then even while saying connecting and after a few very tense minutes it connected and allowed me to get it close enough to snatch it. I was about 65 feet in the air and 130 feet away at the time. 80% battery on the mavic and 89% battery on the RC. This was the second flight of the day, I flew about 25 minutes 5 hours earlier while taking pictures for a friend of his house with no issues. The other very weird circumstance is that I have a complete log of that earlier flight but there is no long for the flight where I lost connection. Thanks in advance!

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Looked for log.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? I was using a Note 8

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Current

What Go app version are you using? DJIgo4

Any modification? No

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? No

Going up and left right there forward past the neighbors house

That’s the issue, neighbourhoods are full of WiFi signals and other forms of interference, always best to fly in an open area

Reactions: Apexracer

That’s the issue, neighbourhoods are full of WiFi signals and other forms of interference, always best to fly in an open area

That is some good insight. I will say that I have done the same route since I've had it and never ran into this issue. I fly it down the street and back between all the houses about 6 feet in air just to practice control and never had any interference. But some open field testing is surely next on my to do list in order to re-create the issue. Thank you

do u mean we cannot fly with wifi nearby?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair