Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro lost (then stolen)

caciuslove

Reactions
Logs
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Sorry guys but i have to share my sadness here :(

I've seen guys posting lost drones before i lost mine : i had an idea of what is it but now i know exactly the feeling :(

i lost my new mavic on my 4th fly
sad.gif
i'm sure it has been stolen before i get to the last gps point where it auto landed.

I've never meant to fly to this distance, i wanted only to do some tracking shots of my nephew playing alone in the air game.
I have no clue what happened there especially when i saw the drone going far and far when even after i did RTH.
The RTH seemed to work well for a moment i was less worried then it total turned around the wrong way when the battery was low

You can see more details on the logs.

I contacted the police station around and no one has returned a found drone.

The question ;
Since i bought the mavic from china, is there any reparation from the seller or dji ?

Why the drone acted so oddly ?
-- It went so far
-- i was on RTH mode for a couple of minutes without sucess to return it back
-- why it turned totally in the opposite of the RTH direction ?

Thanks in advance

Logs
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

PS ; i posted this yesturday on the official DJI forum and still no anwser yet

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Looking through the log, I don't see that you cancelled the RTH. Were your hands off of the sticks? I'm on your side on this one. It looks like it should have kept going home.

12m 45.1s Auto Landing 18satellites 487.9ft 0ft 18.2mph 1,146.9ft 54%
12m 55.3s P-GPS 18satellites 472.4ft 4.6ft 13.4mph 1,356.9ft 54%

Here i launched RTH @54% battery because it was going so far 1,5k feet

13m 1s Go Home 17satellites 473.4ft 0ft 15.2mph 1,489.9ft 54%

37 sec later always in RTH, the craft still going further far from the take off point 2k feets
13m 37s Go Home 18satellites 471.1ft 0ft 5.4mph 1,987.0ft 49%

So at this moment i tried to make it back manually only with the fpv camera on my phone
(DJI app on my android has a blank map)

Sadly without sucess, then i tried again RTH one min later
14m 27.1s Go Home 18satellites 470.8ft 0ft 2.8mph 2,399.5ft 44% battery

But it did not work again ! the craft still flying far and far the take off point
15m 23.1s Go Home 18satellites 465.2ft 0ft 4.2mph 2,538.8ft 40%

4 min later : auto-landing with 19% battery, tried to cancel it @13% batterie but it failed ...
19m 55.2s Auto Landing 18satellites 467.2ft 0ft 1.1mph 1,424.7ft 19%

The time i figured out where the craft were landed by the blank map of DJI GO app (so tough to do it with only the arrow), it wasent there.

I did not check trees, actually i did but very quickly, the last stuff i saw on my phone is white lines of the street
but the last gps cordinates of the logs does point off the street.

In some point, i'm happy no one was hurted (i must to say it's the first time i fly this distance in spite of myself) so **** frustrating !

I see towards the end the message "Cancel Landing Failed" just seconds before it stopped. I agree with @LuvMyTJ , have you checked the trees?
i tried to cancel the auto landing because i did not want the craft to land far from me, i believe this cancel is failed because of the low battery. Gosh now i have to check the trees ... can you guys tell me where i have to check pls ? i lost it October 21th around 5pm

12m 45.1s Auto Landing 18satellites 487.9ft 0ft 18.2mph 1,146.9ft 54%
12m 55.3s P-GPS 18satellites 472.4ft 4.6ft 13.4mph 1,356.9ft 54%

Here i launched RTH @54% battery because it was going so far 1,5k feet

13m 1s Go Home 17satellites 473.4ft 0ft 15.2mph 1,489.9ft 54%

37 sec later always in RTH, the craft still going further far from the take off point 2k feets
13m 37s Go Home 18satellites 471.1ft 0ft 5.4mph 1,987.0ft 49%

So at this moment i tried to make it back manually only with the fpv camera on my phone
(DJI app on my android has a blank map)

Sadly without sucess, then i tried again RTH one min later
14m 27.1s Go Home 18satellites 470.8ft 0ft 2.8mph 2,399.5ft 44% battery

But it did not work again ! the craft still flying far and far the take off point
15m 23.1s Go Home 18satellites 465.2ft 0ft 4.2mph 2,538.8ft 40%

4 min later : auto-landing with 19% battery, tried to cancel it @13% batterie but it failed ...
19m 55.2s Auto Landing 18satellites 467.2ft 0ft 1.1mph 1,424.7ft 19%

The time i figured out where the craft were landed by the blank map of DJI GO app (so tough to do it with only the arrow), it wasent there.

I did not check trees, actually i did but very quickly, the last stuff i saw on my phone is white lines of the street
but the last gps cordinates of the logs does point off the street.

In some point, i'm happy no one was hurted (i must to say it's the first time i fly this distance in spite of myself) so **** frustrating !
Did you try the "Find my drone" feature in GO4? If the battery was still available, it might get you closer to the tree if it is still up there.

i tried to cancel the auto landing because i did not want the craft to land far from me, i believe this cancel is failed because of the low battery. Gosh now i have to check the trees ... can you guys tell me where i have to check pls ? i lost it October 21th around 5pm
I looked on the street view, seems like there is a lot of trees and bushes around that area.

I looked on the street view, seems like there is a lot of trees and bushes around that area.
I looked only road and its both sidewalks, i was 99% sure it was landed on this area ... i looked with a friend later about for 1 hour (we did not look all the bushes)
Since it took me time to get in the landing area, i thought it was stolen.
You guys gave me some hope, i will look tomorrow (i'll spend 2 more hours if i can)

Did you try the "Find my drone" feature in GO4? If the battery was still available, it might get you closer to the tree if it is still up there.
Yes i did even with a blank map, i got there an hour after the loss

When the connection btw RC and craft was lost, the drone was in auto-landing for the last moment with 13% battery @20 feet of altitude.
My question is : what's the scenario :
1- the drone will hover for the entire 13% battery then land ?
2- if there's obstacle (like a tree), will it try to avoid it ?
3- you scenario ;)

PS : I'm pretty sure my drone did not crash, at least not before i lost the signal (0 speed for the last min)

Reactions: Piggy
I looked only road and its both sidewalks, i was 99% sure it was landed on this area ... i looked with a friend later about for 1 hour (we did not look all the bushes)
Since it took me time to get in the landing area, i thought it was stolen.
You guys gave me some hope, i will look tomorrow (i'll spend 2 more hours if i can)

Yes, search those tree and bushes VERY well. The color of the Mavic doesn't make it stand out well so be very vigilant in your search. I had a BeBop2 go down in a thicket; probably walked right past it a dozen times before I finally saw it.

Yes, search those tree and bushes VERY well. The color of the Mavic doesn't make it stand out well so be very vigilant in your search. I had a BeBop2 go down in a thicket; probably walked right past it a dozen times before I finally saw it.
I agree. If you do happen to find it, get a nice bright colored skin in case this happens again for some reason. You could spot it easier.

Reactions: Vilco
1ae376f24b3df462c33224f3dcc1c398.jpg

I did not find it :( i looked for like an hour. Especially 2 trees i suspected then bushes but nothing... According to logs, i found thé earea where it supposed to land empy and all around leafs ... Maybe a coïncidence maybe it acually landed there. There s a bus station in thé other side of thé road

I had a fly away with my Typhoon H, the company replaced it, if someone found it & you didn't have your information on it, they didn't steal it. Most novice people don't understand drones can fly away, a look on the web & the value is right there. Sounds like a manufacturing defect, if it gave you the OK to take off

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus