DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Low Noise Props and Stream Flying

LaaLaa

Reactions
Thought I would share some experiences -
  1. Recently bought the DJI gold tipped QR low-noise props and did a non scientific back to back ear test and didn't think there was too much in it however flying over a stream yesterday I must say, they did indeed seem quite a bit quieter. They're also slightly larger than the OE ones so are a snug fit in the case. I'd replace with the same again if needed
  2. Yesterday was my first time flying over a fast moving stream (cinema mode). I was about four to eight feet up and noticed the drone didn't hold a stable hover as well as over land. Guess the water added some 'fuzzy' data to the sensors. Not an issue as I was keeping an eye on it, more of an observation
  3. My MP asks for compass calibration each flight whereas my MM seems a bit random in its requests. Again, just an observation as I always do as I'm told!
Safe and happy flying everyone.

Thought I would share some experiences -
  1. Recently bought the DJI gold tipped QR low-noise props and did a non scientific back to back ear test and didn't think there was too much in it however flying over a stream yesterday I must say, they did indeed seem quite a bit quieter. They're also slightly larger than the OE ones so are a snug fit in the case. I'd replace with the same again if needed
  2. Yesterday was my first time flying over a fast moving stream (cinema mode). I was about four to eight feet up and noticed the drone didn't hold a stable hover as well as over land. Guess the water added some 'fuzzy' data to the sensors. Not an issue as I was keeping an eye on it, more of an observation
  3. My MP asks for compass calibration each flight whereas my MM seems a bit random in its requests. Again, just an observation as I always do as I'm told!
Safe and happy flying everyone.
Regarding the sensor issue... I've experienced the same over water and snow.

Reactions: LaaLaa
Saw somewhere that the gold tipped Platinum props being put on the Mavic pro might cause over compensation of the stabilization system in windy conditions. Something about making some adjusting in the Dji Go4 app. Just wondering if their is any info on that????

Saw somewhere that the gold tipped Platinum props being put on the Mavic pro might cause over compensation of the stabilization system in windy conditions. Something about making some adjusting in the Dji Go4 app. Just wondering if their is any info on that????
Dunno, but I’m interested...

I’ve had the 8331 platinum props in my M1P for about 2-1/2 years with nil issues, even in wind I’ve not noticed anything different in its stability.
Only how quiet it is ?[emoji4]
I think a very small number of pilots that fit these to the standard Pro have an issue with gimbal jitter, as described in this video, and a simple gain adjustment apparently rectifies this.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Glad I didn't read that before ordering as I couldn't be doing with all the faffing about and the inability to switch between the OE and 8331's (only bought one set), fortunately I had no issues with the gimbal.
Going back to my model aircraft flying days I wonder if the props were unbalanced as a small difference in the tips of the 8331's might set up unwanted vibrations...
Anyway, no issues for me :)

Glad I didn't read that before ordering as I couldn't be doing with all the faffing about and the inability to switch between the OE and 8331's (only bought one set), fortunately I had no issues with the gimbal.
Going back to my model aircraft flying days I wonder if the props were unbalanced as a small difference in the tips of the 8331's might set up unwanted vibrations...
Anyway, no issues for me :)

I really don’t think too many that fit the 8331 props have this happen, from what I’ve seen on a few of the Mavic forums.

Reactions: LaaLaa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22