DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers...Thoughts?

seowashdc

Reactions
Just curious...who here has used the Mavic Pro Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers?

Thoughts on them? They aren't expensive, but I am wondering if those of you have used them would share your thoughts on the drone's performance? Did you see noticeable improvement?

TIA,

Hi. They are noticeably quieter. The first set i bought from Amazon may have been fake as I had some erratic behavior resulting in a minor crash damaging a pair of blades. I ordered a second pair of replacement blades and threse arrived in different packaging which led me to believe the first set weren't genuine. I complained to Amazon who investigated my claim and promptly refunded my money without explanation. The replacements work fine.
Basically I would recommend you buy them direct from dji.

Just curious...who here has used the Mavic Pro Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers?

Thoughts on them? They aren't expensive, but I am wondering if those of you have used them would share your thoughts on the drone's performance? Did you see noticeable improvement?

TIA,

If you're going to fly anywhere near other people then the low noise props are the way to go. I fly several days per week from my house & trees obstruct my view for most of the flight. It's amazing how far away I can hear the Mavic in comparison to when I'm flying with the low noise props.

Why is that? Wouldnt you want people to know where your Mavic is?

I fly over a large manufacturing operation on a regular basis in which the owners & residents have had a longstanding dispute. I do it in order to keep track of activities they are conducting which are not in accordance with the allowable city ordinances. They know I fly over their operations but I'd rather they not see me when I do my flying so I want to be as stealthy as possible. The low noise props are considerably quieter. I initially thought it wasn't significant but after going back & forth it makes a huge difference.

My work along with my neighbors has caused the operations millions & we couldn't have done it without my drone work.

I switch back and forth. As has been said, they are noticeably quieter - not necessarily overall, but in a certain frequency range that seems to be really annoying to my ears. They make the MP angry swarm of bees sound less angry. I live in quiet area, and at 3-400 ft I can barely hear them - where I can clearly hear the originals.

There is a downside though, at least for me. They are definitely thinner and more flexible. They feel like they would bend, warp or break easier - so I have to be more careful when packing the Mavic. I also get WAY more high wind warnings when using them. That said, I've noticed no difference in flight performance, just noise levels.

LP

Reactions: james_mav

TIA,
I first used the Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers at Sea Level with no problems, but noticed a definite increase in performance at my place up at 8,000' ASL in the Rocky Mountains. I've never experienced any vibration at Sea Level or up at 8,000' ASL. I only use DJI Propellers in fact I paid $35 per set when they were first released! I also bought my son a $35 set for his MP.

They they are worth the money just don’t get the knock offs I have a set setting in my garage because they are to flimsy and I don’t trust them.

I have no need to be quiet as I fly over farm land not people or structures. At 71, my hearing is better than my eyesight. :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803