DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro mechanic help needed

Agdrone

Reactions
I tried all I know to get my Mavic Pro to connect to the controller. I tried a controller I know works, to no avail. Watched all the YouTube videos, refreshed the software version v01.05.0400 in Assistant 2, different cables, etc. Any other suggestions? I did not update the controller or batteries as I couldn't figure out how to do that.

I have a parts Mavic Pro.

Which part must I replace on the drone to ensure it is receiving the transmission from the controller?

Edited to add: I'm new to this forum and just realized there is a help forum for Mavic Pro's. I can delete here and move to there if more appropriate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
More info on the “parts”pro may help.
Just crashed it yesterday and ripped the entire gimbal out of it. Other than that all the other parts are functional and intact. As far as I know it is identical to the one that won't connect.

Last edited:
Make sure I have this right. You’re trying to link the controller from the crashed unit to a different aircraft?

Sure thing, I wasn't very clear.

I crashed my first and original Mavic Pro yesterday. Not wanting to be without, I bought another complete used Mavic Pro kit last night. It is the new to me remote and drone that I cannot get connected. It appears to be nearly unused, still has the clear stickers on and was told it was only flown 6 or 7 times.

Firmware is probably not your issue.
Beings I have a drone for parts, I am willing to replace hardware to try to find the problem, I just don't know which part to start with. Is it possible it is the
WiFi Board (GKAS) Receiver?

Reactions: Randyscott
Is it possible to confirm with whoever you purchased the new one from that it was in working order prior to your possession?

Is it possible to confirm with whoever you purchased the new one from that it was in working order prior to your possession?
The seller bought it new and used it out of the country somewhere and when he got home it didn't work. He told me before I bought it that he could not get them connected and did price it accordingly. His next step was to send it to DJI for repair.

The out of country is your issue. I seem to remember that issue coming up somewhere in this forum. Hit the search button.

I tried all I know to get my Mavic Pro to connect to the controller. I tried a controller I know works, to no avail. Watched all the YouTube videos, refreshed the software version v01.05.0400 in Assistant 2, different cables, etc. Any other suggestions? I did not update the controller or batteries as I couldn't figure out how to do that.

I have a parts Mavic Pro.

Which part must I replace on the drone to ensure it is receiving the transmission from the controller?

Edited to add: I'm new to this forum and just realized there is a help forum for Mavic Pro's. I can delete here and move to there if more appropriate.
With everything turned on, what color is the connection interface light on the side of the Mavic near the button?
Do you think you or the previous owner pushed the button too hard? They are sensitive to too much pressure.
If it’s damaged, you will need a new mother (bottom) board. Easy peasy replacing that board. Only a couple of ribbon and coax connections. Might need to replace the heat transfer component... or not.

The out of country is your issue. I seem to remember that issue coming up somewhere in this forum. Hit the search button.
With everything turned on, what color is the connection interface light on the side of the Mavic near the button?
Do you think you or the previous owner pushed the button too hard? They are sensitive to too much pressure.
If it’s damaged, you will need a new mother (bottom) board. Easy peasy replacing that board. Only a couple of ribbon and coax connections. Might need to replace the heat transfer component... or not.

Ok, the light is green. I just got off the phone with DJI and she concluded that I need to send it in for diagnoses because of the error below. Problem is, out of 5 items I plug in, they all say that, so I'm not quite satisfied to give up yet. We were attempting to connect the controller to DJI Assistant 2, but no go.
1603398590475.png

Ok, the light is green. I just got off the phone with DJI and she concluded that I need to send it in for diagnoses because of the error below. Problem is, out of 5 items I plug in, they all say that, so I'm not quite satisfied to give up yet. We were attempting to connect the controller to DJI Assistant 2, but no go.
View attachment 115631
The light does turn red as it is trying to bind.

Another odd observation is that the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic does not recognize the equipment, but the plain DJI Assistant 2 does.

Just now flew the drone on WIFI, so I know that works. But no go on connecting the RC.

Just now flew the drone on WIFI, so I know that works. But no go on connecting the RC.

Are you using the large usb port on the bottom of the RC to connect it to the phone ?
What part of the linking process is it failing in, how far do you get ?
Which linking method are you using, the app method or buttons on the RC method ?

Remember to turn the AC back to RC mode instead of wi-fi mode.

Many forget about the Wi-Fi switch on the AC and are baffled why it won't connect with the RC.

Once the AC is bound to the RC, you shouldn't ever have to bind again. It is rare to have to re-bind even after firmware updates. So if you can't get the RC to connect, there's usually another explanation.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Are you using the large usb port on the bottom of the RC to connect it to the phone ?
What part of the linking process is it failing in, how far do you get ?
Which linking method are you using, the app method or buttons on the RC method ?

Remember to turn the AC back to RC mode instead of wi-fi mode.
Are you using the large usb port on the bottom of the RC to connect it to the phone ? Yes, to connect to the iPad

What part of the linking process is it failing in, how far do you get ? With a USB cable between the RC and iPad and the RC and AC powered on, I go into the RC settings in DJI Go 4 app and select Linking Remote Controller choose Link RC- the RC than displays BINDING. Than I push the button on the AC under the SD card door and the indicator light turns from green to red.

Which linking method are you using, the app method or buttons on the RC method ? The APP

Thank you

Many forget about the Wi-Fi switch on the AC and are baffled why it won't connect with the RC.

Once the AC is bound to the RC, you shouldn't ever have to bind again. It is rare to have to re-bind even after firmware updates. So if you can't get the RC to connect, there's usually another explanation.
Yeah, I never flew on WIFI before, but decided to just to see if it can, while this other problem exists. No sure if that can help in diagnosing the other problem or not?

Are you using the large usb port on the bottom of the RC to connect it to the phone ? Yes, to connect to the iPad

What part of the linking process is it failing in, how far do you get ? With a USB cable between the RC and iPad and the RC and AC powered on, I go into the RC settings in DJI Go 4 app and select Linking Remote Controller choose Link RC- the RC than displays BINDING. Than I push the button on the AC under the SD card door and the indicator light turns from green to red.

Which linking method are you using, the app method or buttons on the RC method ? The APP

Thank you

Have you tried the "button" method, it's more direct between the RC and AC without the app as the middleman ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji