DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro motor swap

tubemkr

Reactions
Is it possible to replace Mavic Pro 1400kv motors with higher performance motors? Would this require replacement of the motor controller boards to handle the higher current draw, or is there a more efficient motor option capable of increasing power output without increasing power requirements? I see that people (the adventurous ones) are building drones and components are readily available, but I’ve not seen anywhere where people are modifying or souping up (hot rodding) any factory made drones. Somehow it surprises me.

May have something to do with the potential gain(if any)of putting a bigger/better motor on something that flys fine without twisting screwdrivers. Most high performance hardware won’t have DJI’s name attached.

Also your Drones P.I.D.s are configured for those motors. Too change them to another you would need to re-configure the P.I.D. for that drone. SO NO Sorry. (unless you Know.) Here is a Primer:
:1690660346042.png

Last edited:
Reactions: umanbean
@tubemkr all the components are carefully matched to compliment each other, and therefore the overall performance of the drone
messing with any one of those components will upset the whole apple cart

@tubemkr all the components are carefully matched to compliment each other, and therefore the overall performance of the drone
messing with any one of those components will upset the whole apple cart
Kinda what I figured but I know a lot of tinkerers who like adversity. I however am not one of them. I do like wringing a little more out of my car tho.

Kinda what I figured but I know a lot of tinkerers who like adversity. I however am not one of them. I do like wringing a little more out of my car tho.
Not hard to build Drones really a small soldering iron and a bunch of Joshua Bardwell videos on you tube and you will be in the mix with the rest of us Builders.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne