DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Night Shots At 800 ISO

christsorotes

Reactions
Here's my debutant post

Took these this evening all were taken at 800 ISO which I've found too high for the Mavic but after some careful editing found could get decent results (all shot in RAW) found I had no choice but to shoot at 800iso as either due to wind or a possible fault with my gamble I couldn't get the images blur free over 1.3"

DJI_0013-2.jpg DJI_0010.jpg DJI_0001-Edit.jpg

The shot of the pier was an experiment, I discovered the burst mode and used it to take 7 successive shots which I loaded into a stack in Photoshop, aligned, converted to a smart object, applied the median stack (similar technique you'd use for astrophotography) converted it into a 16bit TIFF and edited it in Lightroom, results were better than expected.

The shot of the pier was an experiment, I discovered the burst mode and used it to take 7 successive shots which I loaded into a stack in Photoshop, aligned, converted to a smart object, applied the median stack (similar technique you'd use for astrophotography) converted it into a 16bit TIFF and edited it in Lightroom, results were better than expected.

Welcome! and nice first post. I'm interested to learn more about the above, I use PS fairly regularly but am not familiar with median stacks? is this similar at all to the automated process in PS for creating HDR images - or is it a noise reduction method? and did you align them manually?

Thanks

Thanks it's a bit manual and a bit automated, basically what it's doing is averaging out the images to work as noise reduction as image noise tends be random so the more frames you have the noise will be in a different position and once averaged will vanish.

The caveat is that each image basically has to be identical, so that's why using a burst mode and still even aligning each frame is critical otherwise you'll get blurring in.

Check this link

A Look at Reducing Noise in Photographs Using Median Blending

Welcome! and nice first post. I'm interested to learn more about the above, I use PS fairly regularly but am not familiar with median stacks? is this similar at all to the automated process in PS for creating HDR images - or is it a noise reduction method? and did you align them manually?

Thanks

My friend and I are building this new service to increase the quality of drone images. So far we have lossless enlargement, vivid, denoise, and sharpen available. Here are your images from aipix.us. Let me know if you like them!

Thanks!

My friend and I are building this new service to increase the quality of drone images. So far we have lossless enlargement, vivid, denoise, and sharpen available. Here are your images from aipix.us. Let me know if you like them!

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851