DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Oil Painting with official ND filter

Leo Pan

Reactions
Hi,I'm new to here, and I'm a Mavic Pro owner like everyone here, the video footage will shown as the oil painting effect when using the official ND filter by DJI,I had tested today, and I'd uploaded the images with or without ND filter below, the first image shot without ND,shutter speed 320 ISO 100,the 2nd image shot with ND16,shutter speed 50,ISO 100,the third image was still photo with DNG format out from Photoshop CC 2017 with no touch at all,frame-000001_No ND.jpgframe-000001.jpgDJI_0160.jpg

I got my Mavic as my first real drone a few weeks back. As a hobby photographer I did not expect the camera to be excellent. But i did expect it to be at least on par with a mobile phone. I´ve seen some good photos but I struggle to get the quality I wished for. More and more wanting the Inspire2, but the only reason I got the Mavic was the size. Wonder when we can get a Mavic with a "four thirds" camera.

Video and photo quality is horrible on the Mavic. I wouldn't use it for anything other than visual orientation. Which makes this a quad for a recreational flyer and not for photos or video capture. Do hope they fix it or I need to return.

Video and photo quality is horrible on the Mavic. I wouldn't use it for anything other than visual orientation. Which makes this a quad for a recreational flyer and not for photos or video capture. Do hope they fix it or I need to return.
Really? Just for visual orientation? I think once you get your settings dialed in it's a wonderful little camera. There's a lot of videos online that show beautiful footage. Here's just one example of what the Mavic can achieve.

Reactions: ZUCSTA and dewster
That's a great example, yes. There's also one of Sri Lanka on DJI forum which looks Nat Geo.

Yes I know there are good examples, but the consistency is really low from what I can tell on the internet and limited testing. I don't see how it can be called 'Mavic Pro' and have camera inconsistencies that offer really, really horrible quality. I've attached an example, not even 1:1. More like, 'Mavic Sport'. Then I would let it go.

oil painting effect 3.JPG oil painting effect.JPG

Try focusing it, really helps with sharpness!

Reactions: mstevens
Again, this does not affect all Mavics. There are professional photographers and videographers using the Mavic and posting their stuff every day. Your generalized statement is not true. You've gotta be pretty good to get really good stuff from the Mavic though, especially if the lighting conditions aren't great.

Reactions: Kestrel
LOL. Its not that bad. Have you seen some of the video that comes off of the cheaper quads? Jello effect, pixalation and a lot more issues. The Mavic shoots pretty decent video and photos in my opinion. I'm not film maker but I can tell the video that comes out of it is pretty decent.

Here is a video I took yesterday..

and a photo to go with it.
2j5dvf9.png

LOL. Its not that bad. Have you seen some of the video that comes off of the cheaper quads? Jello effect, pixalation and a lot more issues. The Mavic shoots pretty decent video and photos in my opinion. I'm not film maker but I can tell the video that comes out of it is pretty decent.

Here is a video I took yesterday..

and a photo to go with it.
2j5dvf9.png
Thats nice work there!

Yes ,doing yr homework with Camera setting makes all the difference. Or me those Darkened pics Seem as if Low Light dial is All the way ⏬⏬⏬.
Of course,In saying that DJI have had some issues with some Of The Mavic Pro Cameras, and I found that out when I got my 2nd Mavic ,so well worth Spending a few Hours just Hovering at Different heights ,Light Levels ,distances etc etc to get a real Feel for your settings. Makes a huge difference.
Hope you get it sorted

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22