DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro photos are not saving

jaygeo914

Reactions
Hi, I've had my mavic Pro for a few months and I'm still learning all about the camera settings. I've had no trouble taking videos and photos however just recently within the last week I have noticed that photos that I'm taking are not showing up on my SD card or in the DJI 4 app. Videos seem to be saving but no still photos. I've contacted DJI customer support and they advised me to format my SD card and clear the cache on the DJI 4 app. I've done all that and photos are still not being saved. Everything seems normal when I'm in flight. The lights on the Mavic Pro flash to indicate a photo was taken and the counter on the display that shows how many pictures are left goes down each time a photo is taken. So all along I'm thinking my photos are being taken and saved and then when I get home and look at the SD card there is nothing on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Cjcoolcat
Have you tried a different SD card? It's a strange problem but swapping cards is worth a try. You should have a spare anyway.

The same has been happening to me for about 6 months. You can download the pics directly from the drone via the Go4 app by hitting the 'play' button on bottom right of your device screen, you just have to have all the equipment on and connected, after you land. From there you can choose which files to download. By the way, the quality of pics from the drone will be better this way, than what you get cached in flight to your phone, if you use this option.

The same has been happening to me for about 6 months. You can download the pics directly from the drone via the Go4 app by hitting the 'play' button on bottom right of your device screen, you just have to have all the equipment on and connected, after you land. From there you can choose which files to download. By the way, the quality of pics from the drone will be better this way, than what you get cached in flight to your phone, if you use this option.

I've tried tapping the 'play' button However it only shows images that were taken several weeks ago. Anything new does not show up. I have the Drone and controller both connected.

I've tried tapping the 'play' button However it only shows images that were taken several weeks ago. Anything new does not show up. I have the Drone and controller both connected.
That's strange, it should show latest flight as long as you leave everything connected. Its gotta be something with the SD card then.

I installed a brand new SD card and formatted it using the Mavic and everything appears to be working fine.
Thanks everybody for your input.

Just out of curiosity, do people format their SD card on the drone before using (they usually work right out of the package I think) or just when they want to erase it to have a clean disk? I usually format mine on the lap top, when I erase material and get it ready for a new flight. I saw on one post instructions on how to format it while in the Mavic. Does it make a difference?

Just out of curiosity, do people format their SD card on the drone before using (they usually work right out of the package I think) or just when they want to erase it to have a clean disk? I usually format mine on the lap top, when I erase material and get it ready for a new flight. I saw on one post instructions on how to format it while in the Mavic. Does it make a difference?
Formatting in the Mavic using Go 4 helps insure that it is set up properly for the Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhop786