DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro picture quality is so bad

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I have had the mavic pro since Nov 2017 but did not have enough time using it.

Recently I got a pc with big monitor and when I opened the pictures and videos from the Mavic, I realized the quality is so bad. Only 10% of the footage is usable. By the way, I use Auto Focus and often use Centre Focus when taking pictures

I have tried all methods I could find online such as recalibrating the gimbal, the RC, resetting IMU, updating firmware but the issue keeps on happening.

I have contacted DJI and requested repair.

Meanwhile, just want to hear some opinion from professionals.

Please note pictures attached is the preview low quality from my phone, however, you get the idea of how bad the photos normally are.

copy and paste the format below!

Problem?
Pictures and Videos are not clear, really low quality

Was unit in a crash? No, never

What have you tried so far? Reclibrate gimbal, RC, reset IMU, update firmware

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Iphone 7

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? I don't have the drone with me

What Go app version are you using? v4.3.0 (3187)

Any modification? (if so what) No

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) Yes

Dropbox - Mavic pro footage - Simplify your life

Let's compare my video to someone's footage in New York.

Last edited:
Please note pictures attached is the preview low quality from my phone, however, you get the idea of how bad the photos normally are.
Not really, no. If your complaint is that they're low quality, we can't judge that by looking at low-quality preview images.

The first one, at least, you have the camera aimed into the sun.

Hi Mr. salty,

Thanks for the comment. I will upload the highest quality pics later when i get home.

However, when the picture is sharp, even the preview one is good.

Anyone has any idea?

Not really, no. If your complaint is that they're low quality, we can't judge that by looking at low-quality preview images.

The first one, at least, you have the camera aimed into the sun.
Mr

They look normal, don't forget you should be processing DNGs and exporting to a format such a JPG.
The one on a bench does show the usual pink middle effect which can be corrected.

How about the video? Even the photos, if you zoom in, it does not look sharp at all
You recorded your video in H264, and I see you're flying with a Mavic 2 Zoom. You should be recording in H265 for your video. Also your video is out of focus. It might be having a hard time locking onto something that needs to be in focus. Turn on peak focus thresholds and switch to manual focus if you need to. Now as for your photos, you you can increase sharpness if you don't like the soft edges.

Hey mate,

I am new to this but not photography… Your images don't look too bad to be honest, but the video is a little off... There is a small part in focus...

Was working recently with a gut who was using a Mavic Pro, I took the footage home to look at it and use... Sadly most of it was not in focus either.. I use the Mavic Air, where I don't have to worry about focus... I then flew the Pro and noticed it performed much better when I highlighted the target (focus) so that maybe something you need to do constantly with this drone. Not a plus in my book... There is enough to think about when flying ! :)

It's really hard to take a sharp picture. I think that's the problem with the focus. I didn't notice until I got a big monitor to zoom in. Any suggestion why the video is so blurry?

I looked at the hand rail in one pic and it looks like your drone has a vibration issue

I don't know what the problem is. I might send it back to the seller and get it checked. Anyone having the same problem? I saw a lot of mavic pro videos and pictures online and the quality is like 10 times better. Check the video below:

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica