DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro platinum 2nd compass interference weirdness

Koelkop

Reactions
Hello all

So today I went out on my 806th flight, wind was quite breezy at around 35km/h.

At one point I was flying backwards and got a compass error(no ATTI mode), stopped the craft and error went away, flew backwards again error comes back and so on. went into compass status and everytime I fly backwards the interference goes red?? Only goes up a little when flying forward.

So I flew back and got a new battery, did a compass calibration (first one in quite a while) and took it for a spin, wind still going at a good pace. Interference still went up when flying backwards but only into yellow, no warnings popped up.

Why does the compass interference change with the angle of the craft, especially backwards? Any ideas?

I doubt this is it but I'll mention it. When flying backward the tilt of the drone is opposite of flying forward. And I wonder if there could be something loose inside moving during the tilt. I'll follow your thread here to see what odd thing is going on. The only other thing I'd suggest is to try this in another location in case there is some interference going on in that area.

I doubt this is it but I'll mention it. When flying backward the tilt of the drone is opposite of flying forward. And I wonder if there could be something loose inside moving during the tilt. I'll follow your thread here to see what odd thing is going on. The only other thing I'd suggest is to try this in another location in case there is some interference going on in that area.

That was my first thought but shaking it does not produce a rattle.

the compass is very sensitive... tryl ooking around to see if theres something that is behind you that the compass might be picking up..
when you fly backwards the compass line of sight is more towards the ground...or facing something that is causing the interference

it could be something in the ground...theres a spot in my yard that produces the same results up to about 20ft...i dont know what it is but its there

another thought...is there any chance that one of your motors might be damaged and have a bad winding..applying rear elevator would cause a difference in the rpms of the front and rear motors...maybe thec ompass is picking up some weird rf noise

make sure the compass connector is plugged in securely, when you apply rear elevator, the rpms change the aircraft does vibrate more , that vibration could be causing an intermittent connection.

do you get the error no matter which direction the rear of the mavic is facing when you pull back...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS