DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum Goggles? I have looked around and must have missed this thread? I love my MPP and wish to explore FPV

chris thomas

Reactions
I have looked around and must have missed this thread? I love my MPP and wish to explore FPV. I have no intention of up grading my mavic as this one is perfect for me. Would love to know what is the best option for an old bird?

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
Either the original white DJI goggles, or the DJI RE (racing edition) goggles.

Both (as far as I'm aware) are no longer made or supported by DJI, you MAY find some at various resellers still in stock, or buy 2nd hand.

You can buy others that work via cable for the MP1/MPP, like Yuneec Typhoon H googles.

There are also really cheap ones that you slot your mobile phone into, haven't had a chance to ever try that and probably wouldn't bother as I have the DJI RE goggles.

(Note, the DJI FPV goggles are not compatible with your MPP.)

Thank you,

I will look at the ones you mentioned, maybe I can find some old new stock? Yep not intrerested in cheap crap I know mine is an old model but it is fantastic for what I like to do.

Thank you,

I will look at the ones you mentioned, maybe I can find some old new stock? Yep not intrerested in cheap crap I know mine is an old model but it is fantastic for what I like to do.
You might find new ones somewhere local, not sure where you are.
Here it would be impossible to find new DJI white or RE . . . in the US, there may be some new around.
The Yuneec are cheaper, but supposedly quite good.

Some use the phone ones purely to get a cheap taste of FPV with goggles (they're around $15 - $20 only).
Many find the sensation less than they expected, when starting with them you can actually feel a bit air sick, some need to sit for a few flights as they get used to them.

They are great for letting another person wear them for the pilot seat experience, while you fly.
I have the M1P and also have no plans to upgrade as yet, there's just something about them those first DJI models (I have a Spark too).

Reactions: Gagey52
I have a M1P and just bought a DJI goggles (white ones), let's see if I enjoy it. Here in Brazil it is relatively easy to find used and new ones, but they aren't cheap. I just decided to buy one because I saw a workaround to use them with any drone by mirroring the mobile screen to the goggles using a chromecast or something similar with the HDMI input. That should make it future proof in case I decide to upgrade the M1P in the future. I'll post my impressions when I receive it and do some flights.

Cheers!

I have a M1P and just bought a DJI goggles (white ones), let's see if I enjoy it. Here in Brazil it is relatively easy to find used and new ones, but they aren't cheap. I just decided to buy one because I saw a workaround to use them with any drone by mirroring the mobile screen to the goggles using a chromecast or something similar with the HDMI input. That should make it future proof in case I decide to upgrade the M1P in the future. I'll post my impressions when I receive it and do some flights.

Cheers!
Cool, I look forward to hearing your impressions!

Older post but to chime in , I love my Goggles RE woth the Mavic Pro. The head tracking flight mode is awesome and the head tracking gimbal mode is perfect for someone to “ride along in your drone”.

Mike

I have the DJI Goggles White and the Yuneec Typhoon H googles. Got the Typhoon and then upgraded to the official pretty quickly. Back when I got them in 2018 the Yuneec were only $50 so no harm done. They are nice and comfy but just not near the view the official DJI Goggles provide.

I fly them with the Spark and now the MP1. Overall it's a great experience albeit a bit on the heavy side. If you have neck issues get the Yuneec if not get the originals if you can. :)

Reactions: Gagey52
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54