DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum Leaked!

From a DJI engineer at RCGroups:
They have also fixed the 1080p/60fps scaling problem by a modified camera hardware, maybe a new sensor.

Reactions: CaveDrone
Well, I'm glad they went with incremental product changes instead of launching yet another bug ridden lineup.

They're solidifying their current hardware while (hopefully) using R&D resources on all the software issues.

Reactions: MrsTreat
I'll spend the 10 bucks on the new props. That P4P matte grey is tasty looking though, well played DJi

But the real question is... is it worth going through the trouble of selling your previous Mavic for 800-900, to spend a couple hundred more for 3 minutes of flight time? Assuming these new props are interchangeable on both Mavics and help reduce noise.
Too much hassle. i can return my mavic for full refund within a year to Nordstrom. Also my wife being Nordstrom employee, i got 33% discount. Paid less than $730 so unless they offer new one within a year for Nordstrom popup store, I won't be replacing my pro.

Last edited:
Too much hassle. i can return my mavic for full refund within a year from Nordstrom. Also my wife being Nordstrom employee, i got 33% discount. Paid less than $730 so unless they offer new one within a year for Nordstrom popup store, I won't be replacing my pro.

Sold out at Nordstrom. BTW - new features on the new Platinum model could include more/new restrictions.

Sold out at Nordstrom. BTW - new features on the new Platinum model could include more/new restrictions.
I already purchased it. And yes they are sold out. It was pop up store and lasted like a month.

I will get the new props for my Mavic Pro, looks like it will help performance and noise reduction too.

Reactions: Vilco and LoveJoy
10 bucks vs. 1400

10 will always win
Exactly. Don't waste time, selling old pro, then spent more to buy plat. And then who knows, with dji's history, first few batch may contain some bad units... too much work.

Reactions: JMF
DJI negatives within a few replies, go with your flow, enjoy the trip, concentrate on enjoying your drone, and stop the rot it was not made in North Korea ! Paranoia kills the enjoyment, go buy a Syma, then moan about how hard it is to fly because Syma deliberately made that way, so you would crash and burn !

Waiting for the guy who buys the new props, flies his MP with the standard props on a prefixed route (manually!) and then switches to the new props anf flies the same route. And freeakin report!
I'm not holding my breath 'cause i know it won't be a breakthrough in my MP's performance, but I'd love to hear something gets better
Fingers crossed here

Anyone kind of upset DJI is busy putting out barely-upgraded versions of their drones that are pretty good as-is, instead of FIXING THE GO 4 APP problems???

That's an excellent point, if their software was as good as the hardware it would be awesome !

Wait so how much is it again, and what is the waiting time?

If you've just smashed your Mav, and need to replace; there's no reason not to buy it.
Like if you Xbox One dies and needs replacing, you go out and buy an S I guess.

But if a year later they expect more money for, and to wait for it, then meh!

I'm guessing the props are going to be overpriced/in short supply for obvious reasons.

I managed to grab a Pro Fly More Combo on Monday for £1109 (Normally £1349) in the Uk (BT SHOP) was worried when I heard a new update was due and that I would have to take it back.

Not bothered now tbh, the Platinum is the better Drone but won't be available at least until 30/09/17 (proper calendar format) if you are lucky, doubt it will have any discounts.

This basically means, I got (27*3) 81 minutes of flight time for the price of the new 30 minutes of flight time Platinum a month early!

Well that's my glass half full look at it :0)

And it might even perform better if the new props reduce noise on the pro

sorry, how is the current MP camera a weakness? some water colour some have been getting?
I can't think of anything in the foreseeable future to upgrade the mavic...aside from maybe more OA sensors are the back and side.

Reactions: pageymavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ