DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum moving by it own

billy_boolean

Reactions
Hi all,

I'm pretty new, this is my first drone and i'm trying to trin my self to fly correctly before filming.

My first flight went well.

Today I tryed to fligh a bit. But the drone start to go away, by it's own.
I made it turn, but it continued in the same direction.
The GPS signal was very good.
I managed to bring him back to me, but with a lot of difficulties because he absolutely wanted to go in the opposite direction. To the south.

At work, I have a sports hall, so no wind, nothing. I started it indoors and same behavior. GPS off, but it goes south.
Approximate speed of 2m / s.
I did a reset IMU, compass and even gimball.

Now, barely arrived at 1 meter from the ground, he is always starting towards the south.
All I can do is an emergency landing.

What can I do more?

Hi all,

I'm pretty new, this is my first drone and i'm trying to trin my self to fly correctly before filming.

My first flight went well.

Today I tryed to fligh a bit. But the drone start to go away, by it's own.
I made it turn, but it continued in the same direction.
The GPS signal was very good.
I managed to bring him back to me, but with a lot of difficulties because he absolutely wanted to go in the opposite direction. To the south.

At work, I have a sports hall, so no wind, nothing. I started it indoors and same behavior. GPS off, but it goes south.
Approximate speed of 2m / s.
I did a reset IMU, compass and even gimball.

Now, barely arrived at 1 meter from the ground, he is always starting towards the south.
All I can do is an emergency landing.

What can I do more?
Answer may be here... in the full 64 page online only DJI manual for your MPP. Recommended reading.

Thanks, but I've "RTFM".

I am in a field, far from everything and everything is calibrated on the spot.
No electromagnetic disturbance (no high voltage line ...)

In indoor tests, the sensors return very correct values.
Understand.
Recommend post your logs and let’s see what the experts here say. Could be a warranty case for DJI.

Reactions: billy_boolean
i am glad you have RTFM Thomas B was trying to be helpful ,what i would like to know is ,how you know it keeps going South as opposed to another direction, when you get it set up do you set the drone facing magnetic north on whatever you take off from,i ask because there is a north indicator in the radar like display and you need to check that the drone is indeed facing towards the N, before you take off for this i use a small pocket compass and set the north symbol on my landing pad using the compass, then when i put the mav onto the pad i can see if it matches sometimes there is metal in the ground that can upset the compass ,and i overcome this by getting north at waist height ,and then slowly lowering the compass till it on the ground, if it stays pointing the same way then you are good to go, if it deviates as it gets lower then move a few ft away and try again you might be thinking that all this is a waste of time but in over 350 flights i have never had any compass errors or problems with it going into atti mode because there was a conflict with the IMU and GPS heading

Reactions: billy_boolean
i am glad you have RTFM Thomas B was trying to be helpful ,what i would like to know is ,how you know it keeps going South as opposed to another direction, when you get it set up do you set the drone facing magnetic north on whatever you take off from,i ask because there is a north indicator in the radar like display and you need to check that the drone is indeed facing towards the N, before you take off for this i use a small pocket compass and set the north symbol on my landing pad using the compass, then when i put the mav onto the pad i can see if it matches sometimes there is metal in the ground that can upset the compass ,and i overcome this by getting north at waist height ,and then slowly lowering the compass till it on the ground, if it stays pointing the same way then you are good to go, if it deviates as it gets lower then move a few ft away and try again you might be thinking that all this is a waste of time but in over 350 flights i have never had any compass errors or problems with it going into atti mode because there was a conflict with the IMU and GPS heading

When I write "RTFM" in quotation marks it's because I'm IT and it's always called that. Not out of disrespect towards Thomas or any other person.

I did a factory reset tonight, I found the simulator that I will also try.

I had exactly the same problem at three different places. It is not the exact south, it is rather south south east.

I appreciate the advice for the compass and I will do the checking on my next flight.

Thanks for your advice.

When I write "RTFM" in quotation marks it's because I'm IT and it's always called that. Not out of disrespect towards Thomas or any other person.

I did a factory reset tonight, I found the simulator that I will also try.

I had exactly the same problem at three different places. It is not the exact south, it is rather south south east.

I appreciate the advice for the compass and I will do the checking on my next flight.

Thanks for your advice.
thanks for your reply, i hope you get it sorted out please come back and let us know how you get on

Two things I can suggest:
1) Try a full calibration of the controller joysticks. There is no 'trim' on the RC controller - when you zero the sticks, the Mav' Pro should hold position and height on its own (as long as you have good GPS). Calibration is done through Go4.
2) The Controller joysticks use something called 'Hall Effect' to turn their deflections into control inputs. Hall Effect is a precise but small change to a magnetic field, that is sensed and turned into a digital stream for control inputs. I have had an experience that proves that if you have something magnetic or metallic near the controller, it can influence the magnetic field that the sticks are controlling, and cause positional drift. In my case, a magnetic USB connector tip plugged into the left side of the controller, seemed to cause my Mav' Pro to gradually descend. Make sure that you have no magnetic or metallic material near the controller when you fly.

Magnets close to either your drone or tablet/phone are a big problem.

Does it do this everywhere you fly it? wondering if you are flying over a geologic magnetic anomaly. Here in the western US, we have some localized magnesite deposits that our FAA sectional maps warn can cause magnetic deviations as much as 30-degrees off of north, and in the state of Maine, there’s a place where it is more than 100-degrees!

I'm leaning on a compass issue but log analysis would reveal more.

RC "stuck stick" could also be an issue but that would create a move relative to current heading and not an absolute compass heading.
IOW if you start out east and it goes south, that would be a 90 degree deviation. If that were caused by RC, then starting out west would yield going north.

No GPS and VPS turned off or being too high to be effective would yield ATTI mode where one is subject to wind drift.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura