DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum or Wait.......

It's simple.

Do you want a drone now?
Yes? Get Mavic Pro (or Inspire as someone mentioned but that one is a lot more expensive).
No? Then wait.

I decided to buy it now because I'd rather have something now than wait on something that might or might not come.

The universe is waiting for this one unlucky person who's being waiting for months the MPII, but couldn't wait any longer and eventually buys the MP. Only then will the MPII is released. We are all waiting for that person to pull the trigger and buy the MP. Isn't that how the universe works?

Btw for the purpose of taking pictures only, is Mavic Pro much better than the Spark in image quality?

I'm willing to bet they will release it couple of days after Autel releases EVO.

They'll do the same thing they did whan GoPro released Karma :)

Reactions: macoman
That's different, the air camera is superior to the mavic pro.

For video definately. For stills I have seen comparisons that suggest the Pro is at least as good, and it has the benefit of longer battery life, quieter operation etc too. That is why I bought a pro anyway.

Reactions: Balko and macoman
For video definately. For stills I have seen comparisons that suggest the Pro is at least as good, and it has the benefit of longer battery life, quieter operation etc too. That is why I bought a pro anyway.
I have a pro platinum but I read that the air have a better camera and can do 4K at 100mbps.

If you need a better camera wait for the pro 2. Otherwise stay with the smaller, lighter, cheaper and quieter Mav Plat. Prices are really good at the moment. For me the existing camera is great. Go for the Plat . .

I remember just before the MPP came out, one could buy from DJI a replacement Mavic Pro only, in case you lost it in the middle of the lake.
One didn't need to pay for an extra Controller, Chargers, etc. I am a little disappointed in DJI for not allowing us to order just the aircraft.
I thought it was just for the MPP, but it looks like one can't buy just a Mavic Air either at this time.

I lost my Mavic Pro Platinum in the middle of the woods, and was disappointed I could not order just the aircraft.
I decided to just save my money and wait for the MP 2 as you are.

I got the new Mavic Air to tie me over. Just when I was about to sell my accessories for Mavic Pro Platinum, I got the drone back after two months hiding up high in some trees. Got it repaired, and I am good to go now.

I really like the MPP. Everyone at the park I fly at comments on how quiet it is. It just not annoying to anyone.

I have a pro platinum but I read that the air have a better camera and can do 4K at 100mbps.

Yes that is true, but 4K at 100mbps is the video encoding, and has no effect on stills at all. I'm pretty new to this (I had my 3rd flight yesterday :) ) But my research led me to believe that the Air has some clear advantages for 4K video (which I personally have no interest in) but for still photos it isn't so clear cut. Still image quality from the 2 is basically the same, so it comes down to whether you value the extra flying time of the Pro, or the better portability, in drone HDR etc of the Air.

It's always a dilemma as DJI are likely to produce a an update at anytime, weather it be 2 months or 2 years. As a new flyer I jumped in and spent my money on a Mavic Air knowing that DJI could release an upgrade at anytime. It's a bit like computers as soon as you walk out the store the manufacturer has something better on the shelf and could release it at anytime. Don't waste all this good flying weather, get out there and buy something now.

The universe is waiting for this one unlucky person who's being waiting for months the MPII, but couldn't wait any longer and eventually buys the MP. Only then will the MPII is released. We are all waiting for that person to pull the trigger and buy the MP. Isn't that how the universe works?
Have you ever read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

Reactions: alanren
Have you ever read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
[emoji23] like your style, but in the meantime thousands of others will be enjoying their new drones. That's the chance you take. Enjoy your new drone. Or blow you're self to bits because you made the wrong decision. Most of us would resist the temptation of a bullet to the head. After all if that's your choice you probably shouldn't be in charge of a device with four blades wiring at increasable speed.[emoji39]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31