DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro question

Yes

For samsung phone i use usb c to usb

There's a possibility the RC, which was designed before USB C, doesn't connect properly that way. I dint know this, hopefully someone here can clear this up but the older Mavic Pro RC may only be able to make the right electrical connection with anything but a micro USB phone, or lightning connector iPhone.

USB C is not universally backwards compatible with older micro USB connections for data.

Sure. I'm using the older 4.3.54 version of DJI GO 4 - downloaded from the link below. Fully featured flight app. Original source code. No problems with it (over 2 years constant use). In the search bar, you can also find older versions of the DJI FLY app archived. Good source for older version Android apps.

Thanks

There's a possibility the RC, which was designed before USB C, doesn't connect properly that way. I dint know this, hopefully someone here can clear this up but the older Mavic Pro RC may only be able to make the right electrical connection with anything but a micro USB phone, or lightning connector iPhone.

USB C is not universally backwards compatible with older micro USB connections for data.
Would like to try but i do not have any micro usb phone

If you are using the rear USB type A socket, you can use your standard charging/data cable delivered with your phone or tablet and it should work. I sold my old Mavic Pro just some weeks ago and never had any problems with using newer phones and tablets.

If you are using the rear USB type A socket, you can use your standard charging/data cable delivered with your phone or tablet and it should work. I sold my old Mavic Pro just some weeks ago and never had any problems with using newer phones and tablets.
May i know what phone model,dji go 4 version and Mavic pro firmware you using before sold off?

Which most definitely is NOT USB C. It's micro USB.

May i know what phone model,dji go 4 version and Mavic pro firmware you using before sold off?
My Mavic Pro always was up to date with firmware versions. I also used the latest version of GO4 app.
I used various phones with the Mavic since end of 2016, beginning with a Nexus 6, a Sony Xperia X1, Samsung Galaxy S8, Huawei Mate 20 Pro and Honor Magic 5 Pro. Also a Galaxy Tab S2. No problems ever.

Reactions: marnat3
My Mavic Pro always was up to date with firmware versions. I also used the latest version of GO4 app.
I used various phones with the Mavic since end of 2016, beginning with a Nexus 6, a Sony Xperia X1, Samsung Galaxy S8, Huawei Mate 20 Pro and Honor Magic 5 Pro. Also a Galaxy Tab S2. No problems ever

I used various phones with the Mavic since end of 2016, beginning with a Nexus 6, a Sony Xperia X1, Samsung Galaxy S8, Huawei Mate 20 Pro and Honor Magic 5 Pro. Also a Galaxy Tab S2. No problems ever.
My Mavic pro still using old FW 1.30.0700.I dnt want to upgrade due to limitation.

If I understand this problem, you have tried multiple cables and multiple phones and still cannot get phone connected to the RC. Maybe something wrong with your RC. Are you the original owner? Have you EVER been able to connect phone to RC successfully, or is this a new issue....

If I understand this problem, you have tried multiple cables and multiple phones and still cannot get phone connected to the RC. Maybe something wrong with your RC. Are you the original owner? Have you EVER been able to connect phone to RC successfully, or is this a new issue....
Yes,it use to work on my samsung s20 plus with bottom usb to c connection on FW 1.04.0400.After my phone update to latest android 13 nv work again.I even try S10 plus with android 12 same problem.Since not working decided to downgrade from 1.04.0400 to 1.03.0700 both my AC and RC and still not able to connect.I have no problem on wifi connection.Both AC and RC able to connect using RC link but no image.I also enable debug on my android phone and select transfer image or charging still not able to connect.

after installing dji fly for a fpv on my tablet all i have to do is drive 20 miles to fly and all dji apps go dim only solid app i have is litchi and i haven,t tried it on the fpv yet i suppose i,ll have to get another phone just for the fpv and delete the fly app on my tablets i noticed that after unindtall of the go app that go 4 was lite up again but haven,t tried it yet ,i,m blaming all of this on dji and this rid rule stuff aggrevating and more costly

I talked from the REAR USB port, not the left side one!

Yeah, I got that, being a bit sloppy.

The USB A port may not connect properly to a USB C port on the other end with an A–>C cable. When the Mavic Pro was released, phones were micro and lightning.

There are countless examples of older technology failing to connect data between a USB A host and a newer USB C port. Sometimes even power fails, and a USB C device fails to charge or accept power at all from an older 5V USB supply that doesn't get the pull-down resistance right.

That's why you need to 1) test with an older micro USB phone or tablet, connected to the A port, to verify it works; 2) try some different USB C cables to see if that makes any difference.

The Mavic Pro was released 8 years ago. The USB C standard has been quite a moving target in that time span. It didn't start to be widely adopted in phones and tablets until 2019 or so, 3-4 years after the Mavic Pro RC was designed.

The USB A port may not connect properly to a USB C port on the other end with an A–>C cable. When the Mavic Pro was released, phones were micro and lightning.
It connected flawlessly every time I've tried. And I always just just the original charging/data cable of my mobile device. E.g. I sometimes used Litchi with its special cardboard mode and cardboard-type goggles connected on that port.

Hi All,want to know is it because both my ac and rc both on 1.30.0700 that latest dji go 4 app wont support and not able to connect?Or anyone hv no problem connect using 1.30.0700 fw can advice?

THKS

Hi All,want to know is it because both my ac and rc both on 1.30.0700 that latest dji go 4 app wont support and not able to connect?Or anyone hv no problem connect using 1.30.0700 fw can advice?

THKS

I still use 01.04.0000, I never upgraded. When I did use DJI software (now I use Litchi), it was DJI GO4 App 4.1.15...I had no problems.

Just to update confirm my remote got problem.I use my friend remote and able to connect my mavic pro and fly.Dji go 4 still able to work on android 14 as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotszamana