DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro questions for newbie

dye29

Reactions
hi all im a newbie just got my first mavic pro which is unreal i love it just got few questions please
1. why will my drone only go to around 4000 feet away ive seen peoples on youtube go in to 15000 feet my says adjust antenna losing signal but im on level ground with fields .

2. whats best to record in as i dont have 4k to play back on just full hd do i still record in 4k

3. also is there any easy programs to edit videos

Hi Dye29,
Just posted my first question here at the forum and want to give back with some hopefully usefull info. Directly on your qestions:

1. This should be safety setting. Try to look through menus where you can adjust that
2. No need to record in 4k, but if you do you will have more room for post processing
3. If using Mac, the imovie is a must have

Cheers

I use after effect, it is a little bit difficult but it is very good for video editing

hi all im a newbie just got my first mavic pro which is unreal i love it just got few questions please
1. why will my drone only go to around 4000 feet away ive seen peoples on youtube go in to 15000 feet my says adjust antenna losing signal but im on level ground with fields .

2. whats best to record in as i dont have 4k to play back on just full hd do i still record in 4k

Hi... kinda surprised you did not get more answers.

1. The distance you can go out is highly dependent on the environment. Trees, urban areas, hills, etc... will reduce your distance. Line of sight to the drone is key.

2. I always do 4K since I have 4K playback. If you plan on uploading to youtube, etc. 4K is nice since other folks can view the high resolution even if you cannot.

3. There are lots of programs out there. I have tried a few like Iskysoft Media, GoPro studio, Adobe Premier Pro... but really dont do much editing.

Hi And Congrats>... Im still learning as well and I have the mavic pro platinum.

1: Ive heard others say that if your controller is set to "BEGINNER" mode it will also restrict your flying distance. Also as someone else mentioned anything between you and the drone can block or decrease your signal. Dont forget you can always use the littel dish looking additions to the antenneas as well. But if you cant see it, your signal is not going to be as good as if you are in LINE OF SIGHT. (which we are supposed to be anyway)

2: This is tough. I made the decision to get a NEW Dell Gaming laptop that had 4K ability JUST because I didnt want to have to reduce my video quality just so I could view and edit it. YA its about the same as my drone cost but it is worth it... I actually thought there was something wrong with my drone at first because all the footage was VERY jumpy when I tried to play it back. Yet the CACHED videos on my phone played fine. I even was ready to send my new drone to DJI for repairs Until I took teh footage to a friends house and it played fine on his PC. Then I felt like an IDIOT, but at least I found out it wasnt my drone. :)

3: I bought Corell (something) and its not quite as user friendly as I would have liked but Ive gotten pretty good with it and it has a LOT of options I can use as I get better with it. There are a BUNCH of free OR Trial apps out there. Just google for them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13