DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Rear Arm Damage

Melt some resin core solder on your iron first. While making contact with the board, add more solder to make the joint release the wire.

Do not leave a hot iron on a joint for too long or you can fry some of the components near it.

Most important... do not let the solder splatter anywhere! When you apply heat to the solder, watch the solder and if it splatters anywhere, track every single piece of splatter down and get it off. If one tiny bit of solder splatter gets into a component, you will get an error message that will be impossible to troubleshoot. Ive already received a few customers drones and found solder splatter in bad places that was causing error messages.
Would it be helpful to put down some tape over the board to catch the splatter?

you can buy this piece on ebay very cheap. The other part I would try to fix because if you get a new lower case and switch all the parts you run the chance of tearing the ribbons and then it gets costly if you have to send it in.
Are the parts OEM though?

Would it be helpful to put down some tape over the board to catch the splatter?

Are the parts OEM though?
I was told that some of the parts are not but they are all made in china so who really knows. If you get them from a usa person a lot of times they will say "taken off a mavic drone" in the description. I have bought several parts ( flight control board, a complete rear arm and camera lens and gimbal mount with no problems.

Reactions: Jxy97229
@Thunderdrones
Alright thanks! Also, any tips for full disassembly for replacement of the middle shell? (What to watch out for, which parts are fragile etc...) Sorry for all the questions... Thanks once again.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J