DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Rescues Mavic Pro in 50ft Tree!

interesting.!
you could get a slightly used standard phantom 3 for $300 to rescue the mavic

I'm surprised that mavic has the power to carry another mavic.

I would assume this is near its maximum threshold.
I saw a torture test that they made the MP pick up 2kg and did fine.

Aha that was awesome and kind of tense.although,he could of been a little more careful towards the end but [emoji16][emoji4] I guess they wanted it over.

Well done. As others remarked a tangled hook could have ruined that. Would have needed a Phantom then ...

Absolutely ferkin outstanding, you need to put your phone number up here, I'll store it right beside my car recovery number!

Cool beans Thumbswayup:)Thumbswayup

I'm surprised that mavic has the power to carry another mavic.

I would assume this is near its maximum threshold.

I am not sure if a Mavic really can fly with another Mavics weight. If you notice the moment he got it clear of the tree and the Mavic was holding all the weight it immediately started to lose altitude.

I wish it could really lift it but Ed Rickers Video pretty much showed even a Phantom 4 Pro can not lift a Mavic.

Rob

Holy crap nice work!
Never thought a Mavic could lift a Mavic!

I tried a small toy on the roof rescue that could have crashed my Mavic, hook got stuck on the gutter, then the fishing line got tangled in the rear props. Luckily the line was thin enough for the Mavic props to cut through. Had to untangle the stuff from the motor shafts. The rope looked to be much less affected by the prop wash.

Exciting video! :cool:
The Mavic can carry, for a short time (battery discharge over-current), even 900g but the weight must be centered while in the video are very loaded the rear propellers, IMHO, this the reason of the loss of altitude.
The maximum payload that can carry without "battery discharge over-current" error seems to be about 750g ... if the payload is centered (obviously, no wind), a Mavic can carry another Mavic ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ReadyKilowatt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_