DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro rotation drift?

Thephatz

Reactions
My mavic pro has recently started rotating usually clockwise, very slowly but noticeable. E.g. if i centre on a lamp post and put control down, wind 3-3mph perfect day. The drone will rotate over time, a good cm on the screen in a couple of minutes. This is amplified when flying fwd or bkwd ruining any footage. I've tried calibrating the IMU, remote, compass, on many occasions, I've changed batteries props ect all to no effect. I've formatted and reinstalled firmware on all devices, drone and controll but it's still happening... I'm getting no warnings and the unit has had no crashes or hard knocks whatsoever, it's 3 only 3 months old, had 25 flights. Am I missing something or is it a case for DJI? TIA

Ok, I shall look thru my footage and get the best example to show, I'll post the dat file once I've found the best example, thank you ... do u know what it could be? Or could it be a number of things? Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes - it's not common but I've seen it reported before.

My mavic pro has recently started rotating usually clockwise, very slowly but noticeable. E.g. if i centre on a lamp post and put control down, wind 3-3mph perfect day. The drone will rotate over time, a good cm on the screen in a couple of minutes. This is amplified when flying fwd or bkwd ruining any footage. I've tried calibrating the IMU, remote, compass, on many occasions, I've changed batteries props ect all to no effect. I've formatted and reinstalled firmware on all devices, drone and controll but it's still happening... I'm getting no warnings and the unit has had no crashes or hard knocks whatsoever, it's 3 only 3 months old, had 25 flights. Am I missing something or is it a case for DJI? TIA
Have you stored your Mavic near speakers or something with a magnet. I had the exact same problem that developed over two years, gradually getting worse. Get a demagnetizer from eBay for just.over €6. A little blue box with a red switch from China. Check out bigclive.com on YT on how to use it. With the red switch facing towards the Mavic, apply around the nose 4 times and then 5 times around the rear left, including inside the battery compartment. Recalibrate everything before flying.

Hi, it went back to dji, who replaced a faulty compass board. I Regret that this hasn't fixed the issue. Due to bad weather in the UK I've been unable to carry out proper lengthy test but I've now come to the conclusion it's still an issue and Dji have created a second case which has been escalated. What that will mean I dont know, but its boxed and ready for UPS Wednesday. I will keep you informed on progress. It's very frustrating is this problem :(

I've just noticed today that I think it's a problem with the canera/gimble. I had mine doing pre flight checks at home, all seuched on. I picked it up rotated it left and right to check gimble movement but when I placed it back on the desk the picture continued to move for about 5-6 seconds very very slowly back to its central position. This is the effect I'm seeing in the air. So maybe the drone isnt turning it's the camera. Would this explain though why it happens in flight when flying fwd or strait back the crafe appears on the screen to yaw??? my first MP1 never did it, it's all happened since going back to DJI. They said the fault was a compass module which they fixed but it's still doing the same. This has been happening since November when the craft was only 1 month old. It's never been crashed, never had the gimble clamp on and always treated like a baby. I've looked it up, a few people seem to have this problem but there seems to b no fix. So.... off to DJI again in the morning :(

Have you found a solution or been contact with dji? I have written these extra findings on my report form, hopefully they can correct it. It never started happening till around the time the mavic 2 came out but i cannot confirm or prove this so i could be barking up the wrong tre but surely the camera should take that long to recenter, I make the strait shots eg pull backs very difficult as the camera appears to make the drone film in a curve as it resets to the centre point. I have calibrated everything using assistant 2 on numerous occasions nothing seems to fix it :( if any one has the same issue or has fixed it please get in touch :)
Same problem here. I can confirm it is the camera gimbal that is doing it.

Have you found a solution or been contact with dji? I have written these extra findings on my report form, hopefully they can correct it. It never started happening till around the time the mavic 2 came out but i cannot confirm or prove this so i could be barking up the wrong tre but surely the camera should take that long to recenter, I make the strait shots eg pull backs very difficult as the camera appears to make the drone film in a curve as it resets to the centre point. I have calibrated everything using assistant 2 on numerous occasions nothing seems to fix it :( if any one has the same issue or has fixed it please get in touch :)

No I haven't found a fix for it. I did turn off the camera yaw follow setting(can't remember what it is called in the settings) and that did help a bit but it's still not perfect

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_