DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro seems to have a mind of its own

Whiteeskimo

Reactions
Hello everyone
I have a mavic pro Arctic White that when I start her up after all the pre-flight checks
After it has acquired all of the satellites & says that is a go and that the position has been Acquired and I can check it on the map
I push the left stick up to raise altitude a couple meters for a couple of minutes to make sure that everything is stable then if I push the stick up a little bit it raises but then it keeps going off on its own if I pull a stick down it continues to go up and I have to continue pulling the left stick down until it finally does come down but it says Landing and it may be at this point be 30 feet in the air
I am using an iPad Mini 4 with the controller and have the latest updates for the DJI go 4 app
I have also seen an error (exit P-GPS mode)
I have recently within the month had the camera and gimbal replace but there was no crash
I have all of the firmware updates and the latest DJI go 4 app and I have calibrated the IMU in a park on a level surface on the ground
Ever since I got it back from the repair of the camera and gimbal I have not been able to fly very much and have had a lot of trouble calibrating the IMU
Sometimes it will fly with no problem at all until I get about a hundred feet away and a little bit of altitude maybe 40 or 50 feet then it starts to rise on its own and I have the difficulty again to bring it down20180703_205139.jpg 20180703_205212.jpg

Last edited:
Hi who repaired it ?
Was it dji themselves or a third party repair . I would plug into assistant bring all to factory then update both controller / drone

Then when finished calibrate all imu / sensors / gimbal / etc etc if still the same issue get it back to repair where you got it done before it crashes again and they say sorry its due to this latest crash

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Hi who repaired it ?
Was it dji themselves or a third party repair . I would plug into assistant bring all to factory then update both controller / drone

Then when finished calibrate all imu / sensors / gimbal / etc etc if still the same issue get it back to repair where you got it done before it crashes again and they say sorry its due to this latest crash
Hello there thank you very much for your reply I had the Drone repaired by omniview Tech here in Toronto they are not authorized DJI dealer
I will be giving them a phone call at 11 when they open up I have sent them an email concerning this issue yesterday

Reactions: Irish-apple
Are you using leg extenders ?
Sometimes they can fool the bottom sensors.
Well Carlos as a matter a fact yes I am
I have just started to have this problem in the last couple weeks but I have had the leg extensions much longer and at first I don't think I had any issues is it the rear sensors that are being effected

Are you using leg extenders ?
Sometimes they can fool the bottom sensors.
Honestly Carlos thank you very much it's people like you that make this site worthwhile giving your positive two cents worth I often thought if that extension on the rear interfered with the sensors now that you mention it it's making more sense tomorrow I will try it without the extensions but I do like to use the extensions because it keeps it up off the ground or the grass to keep the gimbal And The intake fan clean
The reason why I bought the extensions was because I had to replace the camera and gimbal because of a fan overheating issue

Some leg extender models, particularly those taller or with springs, are known to interfere with the bottom sensors, causing the Mavic to try to climb to get away from what is perceived as an obstacle.

I too sometimes use leg extenders, when flying from sandy or grassy terrain, or when discharging the batteries (to have more ground clearance for cooling), and never had a problem. But the model I use is somewhat short and has no metal parts. (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingwon-Extender-Heightened-Protector-Accessories/dp/B01MQSOA16)

It is possible that when you had your drone repaired, they slightly changed the sensor alignment, and now it detects the rear leg extender.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC