DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro snow???

Absolutely! All the time. It can handle very cold temperatures. The batteries need to be warm before launch (keep in a jacket pocket or warm vehicle) flight times will diminish a bit as well so be conscious of that. Oh, a landing pad or just a fold out piece of cardboard helps to launch from if you are in powder.

Reactions: Loudog_401
Just flew in a light snowstorm today. Everything looked so pretty that I had to get out and see it from above! -CF

Coming out of Rhode Island! Thank you all much appreciated. Warmed the battery up and she flew fine!

I'm in RI as well! Where do you usually fly?

I just flew over bonnet. I have a good chunk of land. I was thinking the Rhode Island dessert or maybe to try to get some clips of the Newport bridge when the sun goes down. I'm out of Wakefield

I just flew over bonnet. I have a good chunk of land. I was thinking the Rhode Island dessert or maybe to try to get some clips of the Newport bridge when the sun goes down. I'm out of Wakefield
Nice, there are so many great spots in RI. You should try Fort Wetherill in Jamestown. You can get great shots of the Newport Bridge and the cliffs there are perfect. The RI desert would be cool if you could film people riding out there.

I fly in the snow a lot! My Mavic Pro has never had an issue.

Nice, there are so many great spots in RI. You should try Fort Wetherill in Jamestown. You can get great shots of the Newport Bridge and the cliffs there are perfect. The RI desert would be cool if you could film people riding out there.

Nice yeah I didn't even think of that I use to hang over there all the time and beaver tail would be cool too. I'll be bringing it to all of the motocross races this year for j day off road. I just got the mavic on Saturday. Can't get enough of it

Also any recommendations for any filters for the lens?
There are lots of great Mavic filters. The filter brands listed here are worthwhile checking out.

There ARE a few things that can go wrong, however.

1. You will get a low battery temperature warning.
2. I stop and dry props, top and motors, between batteries.
3. Got a snowflake lodged in one of the forward sensor "eyes" which stopped me in my tracks. Needed to go to sport mode to get home.

Nice yeah I didn't even think of that I use to hang over there all the time and beaver tail would be cool too. I'll be bringing it to all of the motocross races this year for j day off road. I just got the mavic on Saturday. Can't get enough of it
Cool. If you ever want to share notes let me know. Can't wait for the weather to break.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes