DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro stuck 75 foot up in a tree!

Ain’t this a *****! My Mavic Pro is stuck about 75ft. up in a tree, less than 500ft. From my house. The Altimeter has been giving me false readings. It said I was at 105 feet. That is no more then an 85 foot tree. I was looking for that ( Mod Removed ) for two days until I finally did the smart thing and broke out my little Mavic Air, to do a little aerial recon. Found it right away! NOW WHAT TO DO?!?! Suggestions are definitely welcome.
I'm a laid back try not to panic guy, just sit and think awhile. Could you possible hire or borrow a large extension Ladder and do you know any young lads who love climbing Trees, put the two together plus a few dollars, make sure Ladder is secure.

Here’s a thought: find yourself a crack head. Tell him/her there’s a nice-sized rock hidden inside your Mavic in the tree that they can have if they retrieve your drone. After they scramble up the tree like a monkey and get it for you, flash them your FAA registration credentials, take off & film them running.

Ain’t this a *****! My Mavic Pro is stuck about 75ft. up in a tree, less than 500ft. From my house. The Altimeter has been giving me false readings. It said I was at 105 feet. That is no more then an 85 foot tree. I was looking for that ( Mod Removed ) for two days until I finally did the smart thing and broke out my little Mavic Air, to do a little aerial recon. Found it right away! NOW WHAT TO DO?!?! Suggestions are definitely welcome.

Regarding tree height: I too have to contend with trees and obviously want to fly over them. Besides looking at the on screen height info, I set the camera horizontal, scan around and make sure the trees are lower than the drone. Feel much safer to do this double check.

If you could get someone up in the tree you could saw the branch or knock the drone free.... free to fall.

The trick there is having a few friends with a big blue tarp to catch it.

Don't ask me how I know.

it cost me 150 dollars though

You might consider calling the fire department on their NON EMERGENCY line and see if they can help. Heck, they get cats out of trees. Sweeten the deal by offering to do some drone video of one of their training sessions.

Bow and arrow with cotton thread line attached. Shoot through or over branch. same principle as fishing line, thread will decompose, or even better, its attached to arrow so you can recover it.

I think flying arrows is still allowed...

Been almost exactly where you are. I'm afraid of heights but I wasn't going to leave my drone way up in a tree I climbed my @ss up there and got it. I folded it up and stuffed it in my jacket for the climb down.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune hope you get it back soon.
Cheers

My teenagers had that issue....they are both good fly fisherman.... they applied that skill with just a weight attached, took a few casts but they got it down safe

Attachments

• 869E14DE-7A89-42DF-A60C-632655B2A323.jpeg
    869E14DE-7A89-42DF-A60C-632655B2A323.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
  • F6AE0F1A-260E-4FBC-88E5-8C01359304AC.jpeg
    F6AE0F1A-260E-4FBC-88E5-8C01359304AC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
  • C960BF6E-23AF-4D87-B68D-8EEF19DFCD3B.jpeg
    C960BF6E-23AF-4D87-B68D-8EEF19DFCD3B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 97
Reactions: Eagle Jr and Starz
So you flew your drone into a tree. oops. So you were looking at the altimeter, and the controller instead of the drone, oops.

This is what I used to get my drone down from a 40ft tree. I shot the fishing line above the drone and then use it to thread a heavier line through the branches so I could shake the drone loose. Fun project which worked perfectly and I wish I had this device years ago when I was falling trees with a chain saw. The only glitch I encountered is that my wife was supposed to catch he drone as it fell from the tree. She missed the catch - I guess she isn’t really into drones as much as I am. The good news is no damage to the drone.

To be clear- The Wall climbing club charged me $120.00, up front. I met them at the trees location & 2 of them scampered up the tree besides the one my drone was in (This tree was much larger/thicker & sturdier than the actual drone tree, this is an old planted forest, trees were very close together). Anyway, one of them tossed the rope with plastic hook on its end at my drone (P3A) while the other fellow caught it with a butterfly net! All done in 55 minutes!

Reactions: JDawg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada