Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Mavic pro stuck 75 foot up in a tree!

Brizzel81

Ain’t this a *****! My Mavic Pro is stuck about 75ft. up in a tree, less than 500ft. From my house. The Altimeter has been giving me false readings. It said I was at 105 feet. That is no more then an 85 foot tree. I was looking for that ( Mod Removed ) for two days until I finally did the smart thing and broke out my little Mavic Air, to do a little aerial recon. Found it right away! NOW WHAT TO DO?!?! Suggestions are definitely welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas B

Premium Member
Loc
Gilbert, Aizona
I don’t have a link but a couple of companies make a recovery hook or loop to recover a drone in this kind of problem or get it off a roof, etc.

JanB

Oh, you lucky guy, it is far better than stucking about 76 ft.!
I wish you really luck!

oi69

Climb? Employ a local tree surgeon??
Hate to be u right now- I wish you luck!

and prey it dont rain

Meta4

Ain’t this a *****! My Mavic Pro is stuck about 75ft. up in a tree, less than 500ft. From my house. The Altimeter has been giving me false readings. It said I was at 105 feet. That is no more then an 85 foot tree.
Unless you live on pancake-flat prairie, the height of the tree is only part of the story.
What height is the ground where the tree is located relative to where you launched?
If it's 30+ feet higher than where you launched, the altitude readings could be accurate.

Get an arborist/tree surgeon.
Those guys are professional climbers and can quickly do things that look impossible to mere mortals.

Rnl

Fishing pole strong line and heavy weight. Cast line into branch holding bird, pull lightly to get Tangled in limb, then trash it around to shake bird loose, drop pole catch bird, sounds easy...

JanB

Fishing pole strong line and heavy weight. Cast line into branch holding bird, pull lightly to get Tangled in limb, then trash it around to shake bird loose, drop pole catch bird, sounds easy...
maybe shooting the branch?

PortCanaveralFlorida

Loc
Port Canaveral Florida
Ain’t this a *****! My Mavic Pro is stuck about 75ft. up in a tree, less than 500ft. From my house. The Altimeter has been giving me false readings. It said I was at 105 feet. That is no more then an 85 foot tree. I was looking for that ( Mod Removed ) for two days until I finally did the smart thing and broke out my little Mavic Air, to do a little aerial recon. Found it right away! NOW WHAT TO DO?!?! Suggestions are definitely welcome.
Might need to notify the FAA and see if there are climbing restrictions or notify your nearest forest ranger (They may or may not get back to you) Could be in part B section 1-A paragraph 5 of page 34. Humans cannot climb trees above 40', you'll need a 107-"C" for the climbing sticker! $100

royster

Arborist or climbing wall guys/girls.- Went to a local Wall climbing club & they already have rates to recover drones that have found a tree to park in.
Mine was about 70-85 feet up but very well hidden in the trees crown, couldn't even see her from the ground. $120.00 bucks & about 55 minutes got my girl back with minor scratches!

Prismatic

Loc
Northern Colorado
Please don't do that! Abandoned monofilament line inevitably entangles and entraps birds and other wildlife--from frogs to foxes--the beginning of a grisly ending. Like a long-forgotten landmine, discarded monofilament line remains a threat for many, many generations.

Last edited:

Prismatic

Loc
Northern Colorado
You ever go fishing, it happens alot. Alot
It does. A lot. Uncaring people **** in National Park parking lots, too. Your point? It's OK?
No. Just because it's done doesn't make it OK. Abandoned monofilament line is not a "don't care" for any thinking adult. If even larger issues loom--true--why condemn wildlife to a horrific death that's 100% preventable? Casual cruelty is so 1st century. Stop it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harraizon