DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am in Scarborough and Yup I am cooked now, My DJI mini 2 is stuck in a tree

Whiteeskimo

Reactions
Hello and a happy beautiful spring day to lose my Mini 2 up in a tree about 30 feet or so
Theres a saying that gos like this
I was on the first battery and coming down because i was getting wind warnings and I was using the Drone mask 2 and with a combination of high winds and being disorientated
It blew into the tree
I stayed around and tried everything to start it but nothing and watching the video until the battery was zero
The video was working and i could zoom in but nothing more
I could not turn it off so I could try to restart it but it said that ( It needed the IMU re calibrated )
But I could not do that because the drone was upside down and in a tree
Like the saying goes ( TREES ARE DI-KS)
If someone in the Scarborough area Eglinton & Kingston road and has a long poll or rope or think you can help
I think that if we gave the tree a good shake that it may come down
I am 71 years old so I dont think I could climb it like I use to when I was a little youngster
Please do and thank you very much

Attachments

• 20230412_191339_016.jpg
    20230412_191339_016.jpg
    699.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
I am besides myself Please if anyone that has a fishing pole that can come and catch one of the thiner branches and shake it
The thiner branches closer to the ground can be snared and we could shake it lose

I am besides myself Please if anyone that has a fishing pole that can come and catch one of the thiner branches and shake it
The thiner branches closer to the ground can be snared and we could shake it lose
Your best bet is a properly equipped neighbor, rather than another DJI pilot on an international forum. Surely, someone that lives nearby with a fishing pole can assist. Knock on a few doors, if you aren't already acquainted.

Hello and a happy beautiful spring day to lose my Mini 2 up in a tree about 30 feet or so
I was on the first battery and coming down because i was getting wind warnings and I was using the Drone mask 2 and with a combination of high winds and being disorientated
It blew into the tree
I stayed around and tried everything to start it but nothing and watching the video until the battery was zero
I could not turn it off so I could try to restart it but it said that ( It needed the IMU re calibrated )
If someone in the Scarborough area Eglinton & Kingston road and has a long poll or rope or think you can help
I am 71 years old so I dont think I could climb it like I use to when I was a little youngster
Here in Miami we have a ton of local tree service companies. We all try to trim our trees before hurricane season. These companies have cherry picking extensions from their trucks and all sorts of gear. It might cost more than the drone costs however! But you won't risk falling out of the tree and killing yourself.

Dale
Miami

Don't hire anyone, unless you have deep pockets.
Get yourself some clothes line, tie one end off with any kind of weight and throw it over the branch.
A few tosses and tugs will bring her down.
Even if your 100 years old, you can do this.
Let us know how you do.

It blew into the tree
Had the same problem and managed to hire a cherry picker with operator same da. I couldn’t see mine so the picker was a waste of time but as you can see yours it should be simple. In fact I did get mine back after a tree surgeon on holiday spotted it after 2 weeks when it had dislodged a bit!

It blew into the tree
You might want to try a Home Depot or something to get a extension pole long enough to knock it off the tree. I bought like a 60 foot extendable tree branch trimmer from Amazon. You might want to try that route.

You might want to try a Home Depot or something to get a extension pole long enough to knock it off the tree. I bought like a 60 foot extendable tree branch trimmer from Amazon. You might want to try that route.
60 feet?

I just bought a three-section, 18-foot Jameson extension pruner and it's a handful to keep stable with all three tubes. I can't imagine a 60-foot tool would be usable. The longest one I see listed on Amazon is 27 feet. Do you have a model number?

Reactions: JDubyaM
It blew into the tree
I am the same bird up tree to old to get it! I feel your pain. :oops:

Hello to everyone and thank you for all of your advice it has been very helpfull
Yesterday my X wife and I tried tying a sturdy string to a ball and a fulled water battle and swinging it around and let it go but we could not muster enough power to reach any meaning full branches
So today we are going to Canadian tire to buy a snow ball slingshot and we will use the ball we have with the sting and shoot it up over a close branch to the drone and try to free it
Hopefully it will work
I will post our results

Last edited:
Hello to everyone and thank you for all of your advice it has been very helpfull
Yesterday my X wife and I tried tying a sturdy string to a ball and a fulled water battle and swinging it around and let it go but we could not muster enough power to reach any meaning full branches
So today we are going to Canadian tire to buy a snow ball slingshot and we will use the ball we have with the sting and shoot it up over a close branch to the drone and try to free it
Hopefully it will work
I will post our results
Oh be careful

o_O

Well we were unsuccessful today but I have not given up yet
It has not rained here yet and the weather report says Sunday 62 % chance
Like I was saying I live in a condo and it has a pool and today i was eyeing the aluminum pole with a large hook at the end
Well tomorrow i am going to contact the superintendent and explain my situation and ask him if he would let me use it to just nudge the branches and hopefully that will work
I will let you know the outcome
I hope he will be sympathetic

Reactions: Photo guy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas