DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic 3 is in a tree 40m up

In the style of Pink Floyd:

(Verse 1)
In the silence of the twilight, where shadows dance and sway,
There's a drone caught in the branches, where dreams begin to fray.
Its lights flicker in the darkness, a signal lost at sea,
A tiny soul trapped high above, longing to be free.

(Chorus)
Oh, my drone in the tree, lost in reverie,
Among the leaves it sighs, beneath the starry skies.
A symphony of sorrow, echoes through the night,
As it waits for the morning light.

(Verse 2)
From the earth it once soared high, like a bird in flight,
Through the realms of boundless sky, chasing endless light.
But now it's bound by nature's grasp, in a tangle it must stay,
In the arms of the ancient oak, where time has had its say.

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
In the distance, whispers call, a tale of woe untold,
Of journeys halted, dreams deferred, as fate's cruel hand unfolds.
But still, it dreams of freedom, a hope that's evergreen,
In the heart of the tangled branches, where mysteries convene.

(Verse 3)
As the night fades into morning, and the world begins to stir,
The drone still waits in silence, for a voice that will confer.
But in the hush of dawn's embrace, a miracle takes flight,
As the wind gently whispers, and sets the drone alight.

(Chorus)
Oh, my drone in the tree, found in reverie,
Among the leaves it soars, above the earthly shores.
A symphony of triumph, breaks the chains of night,
As it dances in the morning light.

Reactions: MS Coast
In the style of Pink Floyd:

(Verse 1)
In the silence of the twilight, where shadows dance and sway,
There's a drone caught in the branches, where dreams begin to fray.
Its lights flicker in the darkness, a signal lost at sea,
A tiny soul trapped high above, longing to be free.

(Chorus)

(Verse 2)
From the earth it once soared high, like a bird in flight,
Through the realms of boundless sky, chasing endless light.
But now it's bound by nature's grasp, in a tangle it must stay,
In the arms of the ancient oak, where time has had its say.

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
In the distance, whispers call, a tale of woe untold,
Of journeys halted, dreams deferred, as fate's cruel hand unfolds.
But still, it dreams of freedom, a hope that's evergreen,
In the heart of the tangled branches, where mysteries convene.

(Verse 3)
As the night fades into morning, and the world begins to stir,
The drone still waits in silence, for a voice that will confer.
But in the hush of dawn's embrace, a miracle takes flight,
As the wind gently whispers, and sets the drone alight.

(Chorus)
Oh, my drone in the tree, found in reverie,
Among the leaves it soars, above the earthly shores.
A symphony of triumph, breaks the chains of night,
As it dances in the morning light.

"In the heart of the tangled branches, where mysteries convene."

A fine line.

• Haha
Reactions: TonyPHX
I used to do tree climbing as part of my work for Forest Service. There’s a Swedish tree climbing ladder set up that makes it a lot easier and safer than using climbing spurs. Hunting supply places also sell versions of these. They are lightweight sectional ladders that you chain to a tree giving you a step up then you either add another section above you or pull the lower section below you up above you as you go and at the top you just rappel back down with the ladder sections. Takes a bit of training though.

I hope OP gets his bird back down, that must’ve been sad, watching it go into a tree like that. OK sorry but I couldn’t help not posting this- it seems that many pilots end up practically doing the same thing given the way they fly…

IMG_1466.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RodPad
Maybe a rather radical way, but when the drone of a buddy of me a was tangled in a very high tree we took an airgun and shot on the branch nearby. The shaking of the branch caused the drone to fall down. Drone leg was broken but got it repaired. It taught him a lesson but he's still flying his little bird :)

Reactions: RodPad
Here's an idea that no one suggested............how about a bow and arrow tied on a line of twine.
Can always retrieve the arrow for another shot or more.

I feel your pain as I had it happen too, up 125 foot.
I made up my mind that the best solution would be to let it go and buy another.
By luck, that night turned windy and she blew down for me the next morn without a scratch.
Even if you get a climber, the cost would be the same if not more then the cost of the drone.
Think the least expensive way out..........just my .02.

I used to do tree climbing as part of my work for Forest Service. There’s a Swedish tree climbing ladder set up that makes it a lot easier and safer than using climbing spurs. Hunting supply places also sell versions of these. They are lightweight sectional ladders that you chain to a tree giving you a step up then you either add another section above you or pull the lower section below you up above you as you go and at the top you just rappel back down with the ladder sections. Takes a bit of training though.

I hope OP gets his bird back down, that must’ve been sad, watching it go into a tree like that. OK sorry but I couldn’t help not posting this- it seems that many pilots end up practically doing the same thing given the way they fly…

View attachment 172867
So not to generalize, but given most I have met in the industry, I don't this the swedish tree climbing ladder system is going to work. : ) lol, but I can't stop laughing at the idea of a few of the pilots I know trying it.

Unfortunately, my Mavic 3 flew into a tree during a RTH procedure 😞. I managed to find it with “find my drone”, only it’s about 40m up in the top of a tree… I can get a professional to climb the tree and fetch my drone, but that will cost quite a bit of money. I have 2 years of DJI refresh but if I don’t return a broken drone it’s a fly-away and I think that’s also expensive. What would be the best option? I’m OK with spending some money on this, just don’t know what’s the best option….
I use a Big Shot slingshot to retrieve RC planes out of trees. You use the Big Shot to send a nylon string up into the tree. And then, if necessary, you can pull a stronger rope up and shake or break the branch.

Sherrill Tree company also sells slick throw line and weighted bags for sending up the throw line.

Wish I lived closer so that I could help you with this.

In the end though, it might be cheaper if you could hire a tree climber.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
ChatGPT:

Retrieving something stuck high up in a 40-meter tree can be challenging but there are several methods you could try:

1. **Use a ladder:** If the object is not too high up, you might be able to use a tall ladder to reach it. Make sure the ladder is stable and have someone hold it for safety.

2. **Extendable pole or tool:** You can use a long, extendable pole or tool with a hook or grasping mechanism on the end to try to reach the object. These are often used for tasks like picking fruit from trees.

3. **Climbing gear:** If you're comfortable with climbing and have the necessary equipment and expertise, you could climb the tree to retrieve the object. This might involve using ropes, harnesses, and other climbing gear for safety.

4. **Hire a professional:** If the object is valuable or if you're unable to retrieve it safely on your own, it might be best to hire a professional tree climber or arborist to do the job. They have the experience, skills, and equipment needed to safely climb trees and retrieve objects from heights.

5. **Use a drone:** If the object is not too heavy and if you have access to a drone, you might be able to use it to fly up to the object and retrieve it. This can be a convenient option for objects that are difficult to reach by other means.

6. **Wait for it to fall:** If the object is not urgently needed and if it's something that might eventually fall from the tree on its own (such as fruit or branches), you could simply wait for it to fall naturally.

Remember to prioritize safety when attempting to retrieve objects from heights, especially when dealing with tall trees. If you're unsure or uncomfortable with any of these methods, it's best to seek assistance from someone with more experience or to hire a professional.

Remember you can use the combination of a ladder and a long pole, or you can hire one of these:

stadium-lights-getting-installed-1000x979px.webp
I know there are attachments to let you drop something from a drone (and I have one) but is there also something you can attach to use to grab something with the drone and pick it up? That would be a great accessory.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne