DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Submerged 10 Minutes

Docfly

Reactions
A gust of wind blew my 2017 Mavic Pro into some trees yesterday. Lost a prop, watch the video feed of it tumbling, and then, "aircraft disconnected." I went to the shallow creek where it last hovered. Found it after 10 minutes, submerged in the creek. Drone was still on! I disconnected the battery, air-dried it out for 24 hours, and ... it works!

You got lucky, did any water get into the lens? Any water marks on your subsequent images?

I would keep 'cooking it' for a couple of days or more. Remove the mSD card so that the gaps around it do not trap a flim of water, open all covers.

Last edited:
You got lucky, did any water get into the lens? Any water marks on your subsequent images?

I would keep 'cooking it' for a couple of days or more. Remove the mSD card so that the gaps around it do not trap a flim of water, open all covers.
No water in the lens, not even under the filter. No water marks. Removed the mSD card immediately. Thanks for your advice, won't test it again for 3 days.

You were lucky it landed in Fresh water and not Salt water. Fresh water conducts electricity far less efficiently than Salt water does. Its actually the impurities in water that conduct electricity and not the water itself. Pure H2O does not conduct electricity at all.

Reactions: mereflyer
You were lucky it landed in Fresh water and not Salt water. Fresh water conducts electricity far less efficiently than Salt water does. Its actually the impurities in water that conduct electricity and not the water itself. Pure H2O does not conduct electricity at all.
Fascinating! It was a clear freshwater creek.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000