DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Submerged

Awesome setup!
How much of the Mavic got wet? Just the camera and gimbal?

What are electronics are on top of the Mavic and on the bottom back two props?

Great video editing!

Reactions: Marco Cantieni
The whole machine got wet because of the splash. After the start out of the water I reached the shore just to see it hovering at 2m height for a few sec dripping water. Then BAM it turned upside down and splashed another time into to water close to the shoreline. Another adrenaline shot into the pilots body. After a 2day drying period with compressed air involved and 3h in the oven phoenix raised from the ashes

Thanks! Since I din't live in the typical deep blue sea vacation areas I have to make the best of standard locations

The whole machine got wet because of the splash. After the start out of the water I reached the shore just to see it hovering at 2m height for a few sec dripping water. Then BAM it turned upside down and splashed another time into to water close to the shoreline. Another adrenaline shot into the pilots body. After a 2day drying period with compressed air involved and 3h in the oven phoenix raised from the ashes

My Mavic took a dip in a Wakeboard park (accident was my fault) - too low and the top cable came up and clipped me - fully submerged in muddy water for about 10-15 sec. Buddy I was filming recovered it quick. I'm flying it today with no damage AFAIK.
1) Removed and tossed battery
2) Shook mud and water off - laid on a towel until we were finished
3) Held it out the sunroof on the highway home, 70mph for 40 min - felt everything come out :)
4) Put in rice over night - prayed
5) Second day, cleaned with Slide plastic cleaner, inside and out. Returned to rice.
6) Third day - baked in hot car on 90+ sunny day -
7) Fourth day - started without props - all systems go. Proceeded to fly.

Tough little device - scared me to death though.

Reactions: Marco Cantieni
Mine has been at least 50sec half in the water. After the treatment with compresed air through both of the vents I removed under plate. There were a few drops of water. Everything is fully restored.

Two swim noodles saved my bird. I crashed it into the water. In the 40sec I was getting my clothes off I realized that I could start out of the water. It worked [emoji851]

Love it wish I could make that kind of movie. Any suggestions on how I might learn your technique?

Dude, this video is just amazing !!!!!! Congratulations [emoji898]

You said you use Final Cut Pro ? Is it suitable with an iPad or iMac ?

Again this is beautiful !

Dude, this video is just amazing !!!!!! Congratulations [emoji898]

You said you use Final Cut Pro ? Is it suitable with an iPad or iMac ?

Final Cut Pro does run solely on Macs, not on iPads or PCs. But there is Adobe Premiere that is available for Mac and PCs

Thanks! Now I know that the Mavic can stand some water. Even the cam - a costly part - can obviously withstand some water.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji