DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro take off issues

Coolskim1954

Reactions
Happy Mother's Day to all...I hadn't flown my Mavic Pro for a few weeks. Charged up batteries and controller, pre flight checklist. All good. Takes off, hovers RTH set. All good when suddenly it began "spinning". Had no control at this point. It's approximately 60' up. It's wavering and spinning. Attempted to land, no success. Then it begins to go forward and spinning...RTH, finally kicks in. MP Begins to land but failed to land in "precise landing" point. Any thoughts or suggestions before I attempt to fly again. Thanks

Try flying your Mavic with controller only

Sound like you might have some "Flight App /viewer (phone or pad)
Issues compatability.

Reactions: Coolskim1954
Happy Mother's Day to all...I hadn't flown my Mavic Pro for a few weeks. Charged up batteries and controller, pre flight checklist. All good. Takes off, hovers RTH set. All good when suddenly it began "spinning". Had no control at this point. It's approximately 60' up. It's wavering and spinning. Attempted to land, no success. Then it begins to go forward and spinning...RTH, finally kicks in. MP Begins to land but failed to land in "precise landing" point. Any thoughts or suggestions before I attempt to fly again. Thanks
You'll need to post your flight logs for the "data experts" to examine to determine the cause, but if I had to guess, what you describe sounds very similar to other peoples posts that were, after flight log posting, determined to be caused by magnetic interference at the point of take off.

A friend said it might be battery???
Your friend is guessing .. and has no idea.
The battery is the last thing that could have caused the incident.
If you want to understand what actually happened so you can fly safe in future, you need to look at the recorded flight data to find out what actually happened.
It might also help if you could explain the spinning in a little more detail.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1