DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro tips??

Welcome to the Forum, looks like everyone has given you great advice concerning safe flying.
The pre flight Check list was mentioned a number of times. I feel is very important to have a check list for the Preflight Check list (at base), Pre flight Checklist (in field), Takeoff procedure, After takeoff procedure, After landing check list, Emergency procedure. In all I have 43 Items on my check list, that help remind me to check
before and during the flight. Also, in Emergency situations we can get flestered, and don't know how to react.
Fly safe and have fun. Happy Hovering.

Hi, I'm new here, I've just upgardad my spark to a mavic pro. Has anybody got any good flying tips? Thanks in advance.
Practice, practice, practice in wide open spaces before going to more challenging venues. Be careful when flying over water. Don't fly under bridges or into tunnels. Always have your drone within your sight! Always!

I use a free package from Microsoft called "Microsoft ICE". It does some amazing stitching of panoramas - even the 360 degree spherical (which takes 34 photos in one hit).

Last edited:
My best tips when it comes to filming is:
Try to get as diverse shots as possible, most people get bored halfway through if there isn't some variety. Another nice way to add variety is by getting some footage from the ground as well. Now, even though the mavic 1 has a pretty small sensor, it can still be used to shoot at nighttime, just be careful! My final tip is to just go out there and have a good time, you have made a nice upgrade [emoji108]

If you'd like to see all of the above mentioned tips in action, check out this video:

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy.

Even though they are both DJI products, the MP is a more complex device... Biggest tip I can offer is to download, read, and understand the online full DJI manuals for your drone as well as batteries and for every device you will use with the drone.... best done before you are in a jam.
Remember also that the “pause” button is your friend and will buy you time to think about what to do next.
I got a compass error with switch to ATTI mode, the GPS has a data exception, and my video feed went amiss. Unfortunately I'm not flying VLOS and alas the wind is slightly more than a breeze.
I press pause and think about what to do next.
After half an hour I press RTH because during that time I haven't been able to find another solution.
(I then open a thread in lost & found...)
xD

When does pause make sense? Never used it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan