DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro to Air 2

CaseyEire

Reactions
I just sold my Mavic Pro for €800 and ordered the new Air 2.
I hope this is a big upgrade considering the used Pros go for the same price as the new Air 2!
Any thoughts on if it was the right choice ?

I got my Air 2 yesterday. I think it's amazing, although I AM having gimbal overloaded issues at the moment.

I may have figured out that this thing is NOT a Sport mode frequent flier. I'll have more information later, but it seems like the gimbal motors are easily overworked from fighting wind in Sport mode.

Reactions: CaseyEire
I got my Air 2 yesterday. I think it's amazing, although I AM having gimbal overloaded issues at the moment.

I may have figured out that this thing is NOT a Sport mode frequent flier. I'll have more information later, but it seems like the gimbal motors are easily overworked from fighting wind in Sport mode.
Who did you buy it off? I heard a lot of delays on the DJI store, mine is still processing since last week

Air 2 video capabilities:

Air 2 Tracking capabilities:

There was a statement in one of the posts in your introduction saying that: "Mavic Pro have dual IMU and dual Compass vs single IMU and single Compass on the Air 2". That was seen as downgrade, because: "many had fly away when flying the mini due to compass calibration error". Here is one other thread where member @Meta4 (in post #2) and @msinger (in post #3) nicely explains "flyaways" and some other stuff:

Air 2 is, as of right now, probably the best we can buy in this segment as non professional users that DJI has to offer. When you compare it to Mavic Pro, the name would suggest that it is a downgrade (missing "Pro" in the name). But, the time that passed between the "Mavic Pro" introduction and the new "Air 2" was was most likely used by DJI to develop and improve, we can see it on many examples on the internet, the ones I posted being just two of them. There might be different opinions, and that's OK, but this is mine: It's an upgrade, for sure.

Safe flying.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu