DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro unable to Connect RC after update

kevenlrx

Reactions
As described in the title, I was having trouble connecting my Mavic Pro to the RC after the recent update (Released 04/05/2017). I had been using Mavic since November 2016 and everything worked perfectly.

But today, when I finished updating the drone, the RC kept connecting but was failed to connect to the drone.

I tried all the methods I could find on the internet (of course, I followed the instructions by DJI first) but no luck. I also performed a downgrade/upgrade and tried the same binding method but failed.

However, I can get it connected through WIFI, BUT, all the telemetry, status etc is "N/A" in the app. And when I try to take-off (I took all the propellers off for safety), it said "sending command timeout".

Some info:

1. The LED at the SD Slot is Green all the time.
2. Yellow light keep flashing quickly when the drone power on (because it is not connected to the RC)
3. When I press the link button on the drone, nothing happen in about 10 secs, then the light turned red for a few seconds then continue flashing in yellow.

At this point, I really don't know what is causing the issue and I'm thinking sending the drone and the RC to repair. Anyone have any thought is appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• IMG_8516.PNG
    IMG_8516.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 5.39.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 5.39.33 PM.png
    9.3 MB · Views: 42
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 5.39.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 5.39.14 PM.png
    9.3 MB · Views: 40
Plug both Mavic and controller into your computer and use DJI Assistant 2 to either refresh the firmware to 550 or downgrade to 400/500.

Personally, I'd leave the controller off and update the Mavic first. Then turn off the Mavic and update the controller.

Plug both Mavic and controller into your computer and use DJI Assistant 2 to either refresh the firmware to 550 or downgrade to 400/500.

Personally, I'd leave the controller off and update the Mavic first. Then turn off the Mavic and update the controller.
Thanks for the headsup, will definitely try it again later.

i have the exactly same problem.. when i tried to upgrade both of them through dji go app ios.. aircraft upgrade ok, but i think the controller lost the firmware.. i cant downgrade upgrade or reset, somebody help me..

i cant downgrade upgrade or reset, somebody help me..
What happens when you try to downgrade/upgrade/reset the remote controller via the DJI Assistant 2 application?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead