DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro, Video Frame Jump Example.

Lee Snook

Reactions

This clip is only 1 second long. One can see the frame jump at about frame 26 of 44 frames.
This clip was shot in 3840x2160 30fps. Same thing happens at 1920x1080 at various frame rates. My SD card is a Scandisk Extreme Plus, 32G, V30, Number 3. Most noticeable when panning.
Biggest bug that I have seen so far with the Mavic.

That's a class 3 card - it probably cannot handle the bitrate. Get a class 10 and I bet your issue goes away.

Seems your pretty high how do you know it's the gimble. and why only 1 second video?

Thanks everyone. In a previous post, someone claimed that YouTube displays the number of missing frames, can't remember how to find this info.
I think that the sd card I am using is a class 10. Scandisk Extreme Plus, 32G, V30, HC1, the number 3 inside a little U, A1. This card is advertised as Class 10.
In the past, I have had 3 jumps in one segment and YouTube claims to be missing 3 frames. I am not saying it is absolutely not the gimbal. Will try to find a faster sd card I guess.
One second of video displays the jump and is easy to find.

Reactions: Jumpy
I have seen this behaviour several times... at first I thought it was because of high speeds 40-60kph but I have also seen it at lower speeds since then.

Running the video frame by frame clearly shows that no frames are missing, but that one shows less movement than normal and the next is a rapid (visible blurriness/deformation) "catch-up" jump. Most likely vibration.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU