DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro will not link with remote after crash.

Elmantukas

Reactions
Hello everyone! So my mavic has spent a whole day under icy waters, managed to retrieve it with help from a diver, still works and turns on but the remote will no longer connect. The connection cut out directly after impact, took it all apart cleaned it up but nothing happens, although the rc link LED seems to be on with red and green simultaneously... is the wifi chip damaged or has one of the boards died? Double checked absolutely everything and i just cant see anything wrong... any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Hello everyone! So my mavic has spent a whole day under icy waters, managed to retrieve it with help from a diver, still works and turns on but the remote will no longer connect. The connection cut out directly after impact, took it all apart cleaned it up but nothing happens, although the rc link LED seems to be on with red and green simultaneously... is the wifi chip damaged or has one of the boards died? Double checked absolutely everything and i just cant see anything wrong... any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Its not a WIFI chip that it links to (thats just for when you fly in WIFI mode) its an Occusync unit, and chances are it may be stuffed, on saying that take a look at the SD card slot and make sure the small switch is set to RC and not WIFI mode

Its not a WIFI chip that it links to (thats just for when you fly in WIFI mode) its an Occusync unit, and chances are it may be stuffed, on saying that take a look at the SD card slot and make sure the small switch is set to RC and not WIFI mode
I have seen somewhere that that chip is a wifi and ocusync transceiver, which kind of would explain why it has two antennas going in... im pretty lost cause it would be a shame to be buying a new core chip...

Well it would appear that the core board is indeed shot, the drone will not connect to pc nor controller even with a new wifi board, also the fan does not turn on, where the bind button is both red and green lights are illuminated although not at full brightness, a bath in isopropyl and lots of scrubbing also did not help. Looks like its the end of that then...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143