DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro will not take photos

vwjones

Reactions
Hi all,

I'm having no luck searching through posts for a solution for this issue. Has anyone figured it out yet? My Mavic Pro is 6 months old so still in warranty.

Problem: When using DJI Go 4 app on my iPhone 6s, the button to switch between photo and video won’t work, it's stuck on video. The button on the controller to take photos, makes the shutter sound as if it has taken a photo, but there in no photo on the memory card. I have formatted the card and tried a different card.
I have tried updating the firmware on the drone, the controller and the app software. The drone firmware fails every time at the point in which the drone turns off (56%). I have tried to upgrade firmware, several times, from both the DJI Go 4 app and DJI assistant 2 (both latest versions).
After several attempts the drone firmware appears to have updated even though it threw up an error saying it had failed.

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Reinstalling all software, formatting cards, resetting drone factory settings, using an iPad instead of my phone.

What device are you using)? iPhone 6s and iPad Air

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? aircraft v.01.04.0500 (although says update failed) remote latest as of 3rd Dec 2018.

What Go app version are you using? 4.3.8

Any modification? (if so what): No

Did you change anything or install any apps? possibly started happening after failed attempts to upgrade to v.01.04.0500

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? Yes

Hi all,

I'm having no luck searching through posts for a solution for this issue. Has anyone figured it out yet? My Mavic Pro is 6 months old so still in warranty.

Problem: When using DJI Go 4 app on my iPhone 6s, the button to switch between photo and video won’t work, it's stuck on video. The button on the controller to take photos, makes the shutter sound as if it has taken a photo, but there in no photo on the memory card. I have formatted the card and tried a different card.
I have tried updating the firmware on the drone, the controller and the app software. The drone firmware fails every time at the point in which the drone turns off (56%). I have tried to upgrade firmware, several times, from both the DJI Go 4 app and DJI assistant 2 (both latest versions).
After several attempts the drone firmware appears to have updated even though it threw up an error saying it had failed.

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Reinstalling all software, formatting cards, resetting drone factory settings, using an iPad instead of my phone.

What device are you using)? iPhone 6s and iPad Air

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? aircraft v.01.04.0500 (although says update failed) remote latest as of 3rd Dec 2018.

What Go app version are you using? 4.3.8

Any modification? (if so what): No

Did you change anything or install any apps? possibly started happening after failed attempts to upgrade to v.01.04.0500

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? Yes
Be sure your IOS devices are updated to IOS 12.1. DJI has stated that the last app update requires it. It has been a problem for some that have not upgraded.
I had a similar issue and it was due to being on IOS 11.4.

Last edited:
I reported this to DJI a week ago and everyday I have asked for an update. I’ve had the same response every time - it’s been passed to the Engineers and they will contact me.

I’ve also been sent a survey to find out how well DJI dealt with the issue (they haven’t) and in one of the email responses they referred to a problem with DJI goggles (I don’t own a pair and have never mentioned goggles).

I can’t afford to have the drone down for any longer! I’m losing business and I’m getting no help from DJI.

Is it normal for the support to be so poor?

Cheers,
George

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242