DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro with no phone

TED54555

Reactions
Where I live there is little to no cell service so I don't have a cell phone. I bought the Mavic Pro with goggles, assuming I could fly without a phone. Now I find that the controller is limited to 30m height. Is there any way I can program the functions of max height, RTH height, etc. and fly without a phone?

Reactions: Antero
Do you have a iPad that you can have plugged in until you get it airborn . That’s how I use my goggles

You don't need cell service to fly Mavic.

Maybe I don't understand your question, but I never have a cell connection, while flying any of my drones.
During flights, my device is in airplane mode.

You mean you don't have a phone, or tablet?

Reactions: charliesRig
Where I live there is little to no cell service so I don't have a cell phone. I bought the Mavic Pro with goggles, assuming I could fly without a phone. Now I find that the controller is limited to 30m height. Is there any way I can program the functions of max height, RTH height, etc. and fly without a phone?
You will need a screen device, android or ios to setup your mavic. Once setup you could fly it without the device. But you need to have logged into the app before the flight.

My advise: Get a cheap Chinese android phone with 8 or10core/4GB and 64GB of storage and your good to go, even without cell coverage. You don't need a data plan, as long as you can connect to wifi your good.
My Meaggoo S8 (vanilla Android 8) was only 135 US$ is dedicated for Go4 and Go3 (Inspire1) and works better than anything else (MUCH more expensive) I have used in my 5 years of droning.

By an inexpensive Android cell phone or tablet and use that. You don't have to have the cell service active to use it with the drone.

I'm assuming you have the dji goggles? If so can't you access the menu in with the touch control on the side of the goggles?
Goggles touch pad allow auto take off, entry into 'tap flight' and other features, many camera parameters but not much related to the controller. I'm wondering if there is any way to use a PC to program the controller. Without a cell phone, I see no way to do any fine tuning of the controller.

Reactions: borzoiboy

Hi, I just discovered that I could only reach 30meters without using a phone, controller only. Have you worked out a way to change that without using a phone?

Hi, I just discovered that I could only reach 30meters without using a phone, controller only. Have you worked out a way to change that without using a phone?
Turns out you really need an iPad or android type pad product even with the goggles. Software updates, GPS info, all the drone set up info is stored in the DJI Go4 app on the pad. I fly and do all my camera work via the goggles but ended up with an iPad with wi-fi to my home internet service but no cell phone service. When you get one, make sure you get the maximum on-board memory you can afford. The drone app uses a lot of memory.

I’ve flown a Mavic Pro with no display after forgetting to pick up the iPad I normally use and didn’t find any restrictions in distance or height, but the drone had been used for a good year and beginners mode was off!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming