DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Won't Descend

I'm going out in the morning and will try the suggestion that some of you advised. I'll turn off the downward sensor and see what happens.

I have a feeling that you're probably right but will let you all know tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Bud

Thank you, ... I have a lot of trouble with my memory lately.

Bud

you silly goose, you forgot where the left stick was you was actually pulling down on the antenna!! hopefully it's not time for the kids to take away your Mavic keys!

i'm sure if it was the controller calibration somebody would've mentioned it to you already, but that's the first thing I would try if my sticks weren't responding.

Reactions: Ursus Horribilis
Well, I'm back from an hour or so of flying the Mavic Pro and NOPE, it still won't come down when I pull the left stick back all the way. Now, the first couple of minutes it did just fine, but after a few minutes, No Sir, it would NOT descend. It took me a good four to five minutes to get it to the ground from 90 meters which by the way is when I heard her voice say "Maximum Altitude Has Been Reached.

Now I know what all the hoopla was about the updates to the firmware. China is enforcing each country's new drone laws. At least that's the way it seems here in Canada. It would not fly more than 500 meters laterally, and no higher than 90 meters.

Bud

Reviving an old thread. I had the same problem while flying in the evening (by the time i wanted to land, it was pretty dark). After taking off, i disabled VPS cos I might go low over water and wanted to fly by visual. After that I went up to about 200 m, and wanted to descend to land. I switched the VPS back, but I couldn't descend at all. Tried to on-off VPS, Go app, and even remote, but that didn't help. Eventually I managed to move the Mavic over a grass field with 1% left and checked that the area was clear before the power cut at an altitude of 39 m. Fell into the ground, cracked 2 blades and got some dirt under 1 motor. Gonna get it checked by a friend soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs