DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro

DerekD

Reactions
Can anyone help, used my MPP today to film a property using them POI. The property had a lot of trees but I was able to take from an open grassy patch. When I wanted to land it just refused to allow me to pilot it towards the open patch. Sometimes when I pushed the right side stick to make it go forward it just went sideways! I managed to manager it over the lading area but then it just refused to go down the last 2 metres. So I tried activating the return to home, it went to completely the wrong place, but with a struggle I got it back over the landing area and it then landed itself.
I presume the problem was something to do with the obstacle avoidance system.
Anybody got a suggested explanation and any tips how to prevent this happening again?

Reactions: mereflyer
Can anyone help, used my MPP today to film a property using them POI. The property had a lot of trees but I was able to take from an open grassy patch. When I wanted to land it just refused to allow me to pilot it towards the open patch. Sometimes when I pushed the right side stick to make it go forward it just went sideways! I managed to manager it over the lading area but then it just refused to go down the last 2 metres. So I tried activating the return to home, it went to completely the wrong place, but with a struggle I got it back over the landing area and it then landed itself.
I presume the problem was something to do with the obstacle avoidance system.
Anybody got a suggested explanation and any tips how to prevent this happening again?
Just flip it into sport mode when your sensors get confused or you want more control.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Pro in the Rain and land on water.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett